injectors - Page 2 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 37 Old 05-17-2015, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Bro if your 310whp on stock injectors u desperately need upgrade. I haven't dynoed to know my exact WHP but I had two injectors start to fail after the 4" intake install in my 05 se-R. And that was when a 286whp 06 se-R was beating me, safe to say I was well below 310. Only a matter of time before u lose injectors and your missing out on a lot better atomization, efficiency, and some power if your still on stock injectors. After GTR Blue Denso 570 cc injectors and a retune on Apexi I beat the same Cammed/head work/ stock TB/ SSIM/ stock exhaust/ OBX headers/Fujita intake and upreved 06 se-R that was previously pulling on me after 100mph

What car do u have the 310 whp in? G and Z have slightly better injectors by 10-15cc but still that's maxed out

Have a dyno graph of that 310?

Mod list?

Pics?

I'm really trying to hit that 300+ mark and if love to see what you've done that I don't have so I can get there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 37 Old 05-25-2015, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Garage
I have a 4th gen, the 3rd gen isn't as well tuned and designed as the 4th is. Motors are not the same. I'm close to 320 (guessing) at the moment. I need a retune. I still have no knock or detonation.

I don't have a current dyno since my last time was a street tune. The last dyno I did gave 297whp with just the intake, catback, & uprev tune. Since then I've added the jwt clutch and flywheel, vias bop, plenum and tb spacers, headers, walbro pump, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something

PM me for Overlay or Projector Retrofits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
post #18 of 37 Old 05-27-2015, 03:37 PM

Unless you were running a 4" intake, I just don't see how you dynoed 297whp with only a intake, cat back, and uprev. Seems a little high. Can't get ryte dynoed 313 with a fully bolted 09 maxima motor with 4" intake and open exhaust cutout. 297 on stock intake manifold and stock exhaust manifolds seems off.

I am aware they 4th gens do make a little more power than 3rd gem but the best VQ35DE is the 09 max and for that to only be 16more whp fully bolted just hard for me to understand. Are you sure you didn't have headers and SSIM or anything else when u put down the 297?

Are you saying your last tune was via UpRev but you street tuned??? I'm lost. I thought you dynoed when you tuned via uprev or they tuned via email through data logging. Street tunes I thought were when you use SAFC 2 and Apexi Neo and adjust a/f ratio as you do pulls in the street. Does uprev allow you to adjust on the fly now to?

Last edited by COLTIN2005SE-R; 05-27-2015 at 03:51 PM.

post #19 of 37 Old 05-27-2015, 04:25 PM
Start The Show - Jet

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLTIN2005SE-R View Post
Unless you were running a 4" intake, I just don't see how you dynoed 297whp with only a intake, cat back, and uprev. Seems a little high. Can't get ryte dynoed 313 with a fully bolted 09 maxima motor with 4" intake and open exhaust cutout. 297 on stock intake manifold and stock exhaust manifolds seems off.

I am aware they 4th gens do make a little more power than 3rd gem but the best VQ35DE is the 09 max and for that to only be 16more whp fully bolted just hard for me to understand. Are you sure you didn't have headers and SSIM or anything else when u put down the 297?

Are you saying your last tune was via UpRev but you street tuned??? I'm lost. I thought you dynoed when you tuned via uprev or they tuned via email through data logging. Street tunes I thought were when you use SAFC 2 and Apexi Neo and adjust a/f ratio as you do pulls in the street. Does uprev allow you to adjust on the fly now to?
UpRev Osiris Tuner provides on-the fly, IIRC.

I'm not about to get in the middle of this conversation, so I'll let you and Shawn figure the rest out.

To add, though... I believe that the 4th gen Alti's have variable timing on both sides of the combustion chamber and the intake setup is more efficient than the 3rd gens.

2005 Altima SE-R 6MT - Dunlop|Injen|Koni|NWP|Racingline|Rays|StopTech

Random Stuff For Sale
post #20 of 37 Old 05-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Partially correct. We have variable timing from the hr motor on the intake side, not the exhaust. I'm not the only person who has had those kinds of gains on here either. A few other people have dynoed without a tune doing 270+ whp with intake and catback. The 07+ motors are better designed than the previous ones

Quote:
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
post #21 of 37 Old 05-27-2015, 06:03 PM
zerolimit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow_4_u View Post
Partially correct. We have variable timing from the hr motor on the intake side, not the exhaust. I'm not the only person who has had those kinds of gains on here either. A few other people have dynoed without a tune doing 270+ whp with intake and catback. The 07+ motors are better designed than the previous ones
1 day when my bucket runs i would like to dyno mine and see how close 2 300 i get with out the big intake and the gutted intake mani
post #22 of 37 Old 05-28-2015, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow_4_u View Post
Well I've been wrong before. I didn't realize the 4th gen was so underrated HP wise from factory and that it was so much more capable than the 3rd gen. Nice numbers, look like I need a motor swap.
post #23 of 37 Old 05-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Start The Show - Jet

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLTIN2005SE-R View Post
Well I've been wrong before. I didn't realize the 4th gen was so underrated HP wise from factory and that it was so much more capable than the 3rd gen. Nice numbers, look like I need a motor swap.
FI would be equivalent in cost, but higher numbers.

2005 Altima SE-R 6MT - Dunlop|Injen|Koni|NWP|Racingline|Rays|StopTech

Random Stuff For Sale
post #24 of 37 Old 05-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I wouldn't even bother with a motor swap. The electrical systems are so different, you would need a standalone, and if you are doing all that, you may as well just boost your car instead, and build your current motor.
zerolimit4life likes this.

Quote:
post #25 of 37 Old 05-30-2015, 11:39 PM

Cant get ryte told me Manny put down 286 with 4" intake, gutted pre cats, full 3" exhaust and few other things in 4th gen alty so I still don't see your 297 on a regular intake and catback. Guess u had one hell of tuner seeing as that 4" intake is good for 26whp dyno proven. U sure u weren't running anything other than simple intake and bolt on catback? If not I wanna buy your motor lol. That's crazy good for those mods.
post #26 of 37 Old 05-31-2015, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I didn't say a regular intake. I had the k&n intake system, ypipe, 3" split to 2.25" catback, uprev tune, and I'm may be forgetting something. I have a dyno posted on here somewhere. I'm not going to search for it. You can choose to believe me or not believe me.

Quote:
post #27 of 37 Old 06-03-2015, 12:49 AM

They're all 3" intake systems k&n, injen, Fujitsu etc. nothing compared to the CGR 4". Good stuff either way
post #28 of 37 Old 06-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I just got my headers installed, and retuned the car a couple days ago, and this thing hauls ass on the top end. I need to get to a track sometime soon.

Quote:
post #29 of 37 Old 06-04-2015, 06:29 PM

Nice. Which headers are you running? If your 310-320whp expect 12.9-13.1 in 1/4 my bro did 13.19 at 296whp
post #30 of 37 Old 06-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Im running the 6-2-1 Headers for the SE-R. had to make some adjustments for them to fit the 4th gen. I made a thread about the install already in the 4th gen section. 1/4 times differ from track to track, so I'm not expecting anything in the 12s. 13s easily, but I doubt I'll hit 12s unless the weather, tires, and track is just PERFECTTTTT

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > ECM / ECU Tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode