CEL codes with turbo? - Page 2 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 Old 01-08-2014, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The reason I think I wont pass emissions is because they just switched over to a scanner system on cars newer then 98+, im pretty sure obd2 is only capable of doing that test I can give it a try though. Why is obd1 better though I really don't see the advantage jwt can mod the 96 obd2 ecu, one thing dont like about using obd1 is that I will have to run a coiless distributor and install a separate coil. I hear the 1st gen distributors are problematic

current: 1987 Totoya Supra Turbo (slammed, 2JZGE VVTI swap-T67 turbo, custom front intake manifold Mega squirt project making good progress but still a long way to go!

1993 Nissan 240sx se: Fresh and clean RB20DET swap, Rb25s2 turbo upgrade, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Blown headgasket doh!

2000 altima gxe auto tragic with 99 gle interior stillen 4-1 header hotshot cold air intake diy auto tune 55 shot 240sx 5 spoke polished wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 01-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Garage
I could be wrong, but I don't think the 96 OBDII ecu will work in your 00. Some of the other guys may have to chime in on that one. the 1.5 gen Altima ECU is also different from the 2nd gen. The 1st gen OBDI is just much easier to work with and program.

All KA Distributors can be problematic. The cause is the little $2 o ring that people forget to replace from time to time, and when it leaks, oil gets into the distributor and it ****s up the Cam position sensor that is built into the distributor. That little oring now will cost you almost $200 to replace the distributor

PM me for Overlay or Projector Retrofits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Forced Induction Forum (Turbo, SC, Tuning)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode