LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-13-2015, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Omaha Mo Owner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Alternator and the Alternator Harness Connector

Just curious of the result on this post, because I am in the middle of changing out an alternator 2004 Murano SL 135K and had the alternator harness connector (AHC) fried onto the alternator. I was first trying disconnect (AHC) from the alternator. You know... Easy peesy... just press the clip in and pull the Alternator Harness Connector (AHC) out of the alternator, but it was not coming apart and it seemed like it was locked in there by that small clip still. Finally, after trying to be gentle and press down and puling gently for 20 mins giving breaks between to yell at the wall and vent my frustration... I took a philips screw driver to press a little harder on the clip and pulled just a bit harder and it came off. So, I thought hmmmm just was trying to be tooooo gentle. Then proceeded to take the "bad" alternator out. put the new alternator in with out looking at the AHC end. (My bad) Noticed while i tried to hook the AHC to the new replacement alternator it was not going in and then realized it did not match. So, I tried to pull (with a pick, needle nose pliers, etc..)the AHC piece that came off the alternator out of the connector (Remember it is likely melted inside it) and having no luck except really enjoying poking myself with the pick and pinching the web of my fingers. Grrrrrr... So I am also wondering if there is a short or a main fuse that is out such as a previous writer mentioned. I went to the dealer because the Parts store did not have the connector to the alternator. I the meantime, Saw online that an ebay company has a connector only for around $17.00 that I would have to hard wire. Dealer has like "just" the whole body harness that goes to the AHC /connector end. It is the whole harness for $1000 and goes through the whole front end, and just for curiosity b/c I am also remembering a forum chat on this site about the Body Control Module (BCM), I asked about the cost of a BCM and it was just under $850.00. Just for the parts. Crazy!... So, I thought I was going to save around $600 to do my own repair on the alternator and also switch out the Power steering belt and the A/C Alternator Serpentine belts and save an additional $150.00 all total about $1000, and I am running into these other cost as well. If you include parts and labor on this project, I am looking at $3000. Anyone's help, result, input, solution is greatly appreciated. Things are not the greatest financially for our household of 5. We are selling our house and now running into this. On a side note... I know you likely don't know us, but Prayers are appreciated as well. In the meantime, I am going to take the malfunctioned Alternator that I took out to AA Parts to get it checked. Kinda hopeless, yet hopeful in Omaha... Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-14-2015, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Omaha Mo Owner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Okay, So before there is anyone interjecting between. I was able to find a back up plan for the AHC for the Alternator. I went to napa and asked to purchase the Alternator test cable. He called the alternator tester company and he order another so I had a BU Plan so I could aggressively try to break out the melted piece that was suppose to stay in on the old malfunctioning alternator. I worked with the clip from the inside of the connector and used a pick and a channel lock plier that had a good claw on the tip. BTW... at OReilly's The alternator was overcharging which gives me confidence that was the reason for the melted AHC issue. it finally busted out. I put it back together, filling up the radiator reservoir to a test live with it still on jack stand in park, etc.. before I put the covers and wheel well covers back on. If you need pictures let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Forced Induction Forum (Turbo, SC, Tuning)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode