post #1 of 4 Old 08-24-2015, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
w00t

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
MR16DDT and MR20DE...

Since there isn't a motor section and it does have to do with a turbo'd engine I figured I'd post this here. I've been asking this question in regards to these two engines and the possibility of swapping the heads in hopes in using the factory turbo'd parts on the 2.0L MR. Since the turbo manifold isn't a direct swap between both MR siblings from one engine to the other some people suggested (in theory) to "simply" swap the MR16DDT's head over to the MR20DE to be able to utilize it's turbo functions rather than fabricate your own turbo setup.

Now, I am more inclined to using factory parts being that there is R&D and a lot of backing by Nissan, thus giving as much reliability in engine survival. Rather than going small snail and low PSI, I'd take the parts out of a JUKE/NISMO/NISMO RS and make a more power boosted platform in the Sentra thus, swapping to a 6sp MT as well so, if this theory is along the lines of realistic I will consider that route rather than just bolt-ons or MR20 engine build and run the risk of blowing it up with a custom turbo setup.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-25-2015, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
w00t

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
...nobody?

post #3 of 4 Old 01-13-2016, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hybr1d. I'm looking for the same info man. I heard you do not have to swap the juke head with the stock mr head. From what I've read, you use the juke manifold and turbo. Take the MR manifold out and install the jukes.

Then I'm to assume install all the parts that make the turbo hum? Intercooler, waste gate, blow off v?

Anyone know if this is even possible?

post #4 of 4 Old 02-07-2016, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You're better off just get a custom turbo manifold developed for the mr20 that will work with the juke turbo if you're so keen on using it. The only way to know if the head will fit is to get both heads and bring them to a machinist have them compare the differences and they will tell you how much work will need to be done. I wouldn't even bother to be honest the turbo on the juke is nothing special for all the time and money you would invest. Unless you have got the turbo for free it doesn't make sense.

current: 1987 Totoya Supra Turbo (slammed, 2JZGE VVTI swap-T67 turbo, custom front intake manifold Mega squirt project making good progress but still a long way to go!

1993 Nissan 240sx se: Fresh and clean RB20DET swap, Rb25s2 turbo upgrade, FMIC, 3" exhaust, Blown headgasket doh!

2000 altima gxe auto tragic with 99 gle interior stillen 4-1 header hotshot cold air intake diy auto tune 55 shot 240sx 5 spoke polished wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Forced Induction Forum (Turbo, SC, Tuning)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode