NICOFest at the Tail of the Dragon - Labor day weekend - Page 2 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 55 Old 09-07-2012, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Slayer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Some of another persons pics..

Quote:
Originally Posted by audtatious
Here's some of my pics from Sunday's show. Still have to sort through others.

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 55 Old 09-07-2012, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Slayer

(Thread Starter)
This first car was supercharged and sounded evil.

Quote:

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
post #18 of 55 Old 09-07-2012, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Slayer

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

If you're wondering about the dude posing pictures its because there was a chick that modeled with everyones cars.

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..

post #19 of 55 Old 09-07-2012, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Slayer

(Thread Starter)
Heres another guys pictures..

Tail of The Dragon pictures by dapexruen - Photobucket

Theres a ton of pictures already uploaded to facebook so I'll share the links so those of you on there can see them..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5931.762907268

2012 Nicofest TOTD | Facebook

Facebook

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
post #20 of 55 Old 09-07-2012, 08:03 PM
NOTM - Feb 2010

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
that looks like alot of fun. i wonder how that 240 with the LS motor drives.. bet its fun as hell.

AEM CAI / Aerospeed XCS / NWP Spacers / Custom Y-Pipe / Raactive CF Exhaust + 3 inch piping / 2*Timing Advance / S5 Grill / M3 Roof Spoiler / 6000k Low / 6000k Fog / Oznium Angel Eyes / Tein S-Tech / Racingline FSTB / Nismo-Rays A34 / 235/35/19 Dunlop SP Sport MAXX / RTP Rotors / PBR Pads / SS lines / Redline Tuning Quicklift / LED Lighting
2006 SER - SOLD
2013 EVO X GSR
post #21 of 55 Old 09-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Garage
great turnout

PM me for Overlay or Projector Retrofits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
post #22 of 55 Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Slayer

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl2k2max View Post
that looks like alot of fun. i wonder how that 240 with the LS motor drives.. bet its fun as hell.
When I upload my pictures you'll be able to see the car better but the owner was cool as shit. That thing was riding on monster KDW's in the back and as you can imagine 1st and most of 2nd were pretty useless haha. It was loud as hell too. The last portion of driving on Saturday he was behind me and I could hear him whenever he got skinny pedal happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow_4_u View Post
great turnout
We were pleased with the turnout but we were even happier about the kind of people that showed up. A bunch of really cool people that you would have sworn that they knew each other for years. I already can't wait for next year.

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
post #23 of 55 Old 09-08-2012, 12:20 AM
NOTM - Feb 2010

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
koo, ill wait for those pics. i wanna see the engine bay close up n see how tight the fit is.

AEM CAI / Aerospeed XCS / NWP Spacers / Custom Y-Pipe / Raactive CF Exhaust + 3 inch piping / 2*Timing Advance / S5 Grill / M3 Roof Spoiler / 6000k Low / 6000k Fog / Oznium Angel Eyes / Tein S-Tech / Racingline FSTB / Nismo-Rays A34 / 235/35/19 Dunlop SP Sport MAXX / RTP Rotors / PBR Pads / SS lines / Redline Tuning Quicklift / LED Lighting
2006 SER - SOLD
2013 EVO X GSR
post #24 of 55 Old 09-10-2012, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Great turn out Drew and I'm glad you enjoyed it. The car looks great by the way.

S5 Grill:Speedz GTR Spoiler:M3 Roof Spoiler:RL Y-Pipe:NWP Spacers:NWP BOP:PR CAI:RL HFC's:Custom Exhaust:Ralco UDP:SFR Manifold:BC Coils:STR607 19x10.5et35:245/35/19:Tuned via UPREV
Not Slammed but Low Enough
Not Fast but Quick Enough
Not Stanced but Flush Enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz6knxkeBYI&fmt=18
post #25 of 55 Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Slayer

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Dex, it really was a great time (again) and we're already piecing together the plans for next year.

This trip is supposed to be a 5 day thing but due to all the stress put on the car preparation for me starts about a month before we leave. Fluid flushes (brakes, clutch, power steering), suspension adjustments (coilovers, adj endlinks, alignment), last minute mods, a ton of cleaning, and an oil change the night before we leave. My SER has nearly 100k on her and one thing that surprised me was how shot my rear sway bar bushings were. I have to replace my front ones as well but I'm waiting til I have to drop the subframe for other reasons to do it. Is all this necessary? Absolutely not but I know how I plan to drive and see it as a safety/preventative maintenance thing. Anyways on to the pics.

Here she is the night before after an oil change..

Here we are trying to leave in the morning. We knew my brother being on a bike was going to make things interesting this year but we had no idea just how. Turns out he was basically running a Best Buy on his bike (iPhone for music, cell phone, GoPro, and a 2 way radio). I can't tell you guys how many times I wanted to kick a kitten waiting for him every time we stopped..

Last year our destination on the first day was driving the full length of Skyline Drive. This year I planned the day around hitting the first 100+ miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway. For those of you who don't know these are beautiful mountain driving roads with amazing views and one sweeping corner after another. If you have to make a choice Skyline Drive is better than the first part of the Parkway..

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
post #26 of 55 Old 09-13-2012, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Slayer

(Thread Starter)
It was a bit hazy that day and the pull offs weren't always in the best spots but it really is beautiful in those mountains. At this point the plan was going pretty much as it was supposed to (except for the heat, the bugs, and the huge hawk that very nearly flew in my window haha) and we were nearing the end right around sunset just like last year..

This is after an "easy" day in the mountains and the proof that the 350Z rear brake swap on our car is a worthwhile upgrade. Never before have I had this kind of buildup on my rear wheels..

Friday was supposed to be a shorter uneventful day on the highway until we hit the Dragon..

.. that was until something decided to tear a hole in the middle of my left rear tire while on 81S in southern Virginia. I mention the location because finding a replacement was a nightmare. Finally found a place that had two (yes folks only 2!) tires but they weren't willing to mount one.... begin the second nightmare. All in all it took 4 hours of sweat and frustration to find a Sears in Bristol that was willing to do the job. The good news was that they were all Nissan guys and were very cool..

That was the last picture I took that day but we did have a blast on our first run of the Dragon and showed up to the resort late. The following morning everybody met at the NICO pavilion for a full day of driving. The itinerary was the Moonshiner 28, the Dragon, Scenic 360, the Cherohala Skyway, and then finishing up on a different section of 28 on our way back to the resort..

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
post #27 of 55 Old 09-13-2012, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Slayer

(Thread Starter)
This was the lead car on Saturday..

An LS powered Kouki..

There are 5 or so vehicles parked in front of the first car in this pic. Not a bad caravan at all..

We took over a Harley dealership after the Dragon..

Then we took over our Lunch destination in Tellico Plains Tn after the 360..

And then a rest area on the Skyway..

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
post #28 of 55 Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Slayer

(Thread Starter)
Needless to say, this guy got plenty of pictures of us..

Shortly before we stopped..

The Skyway differs dramatically from the Dragon. The Dragon is a rapid succession of lower speed sharp ass corners, 318 of them. The "mile high" Skyway is mostly all high speed sweepers just like the Parkway and Skyline but the difference is that speeds can really get up there when traffic allows. This is where all that attention to your brakes pays off and makes you wish you had 4 pot calipers with 14" rotors on all 4 corners of your car. Shortly after we stopped we were able to have a blast on the Skyway. The lead part of the group did anyway and fortunately at that point I was third in line. While we were flying and my brakes were screaming the oldest couple there in the only stock car was getting pinched for speeding. A bright yellow 35th anniversary 350Z. The driver took it pretty well (as we all gave him a good natured delinquent ribbing) and his wife was excited about having to come back for the court hearing haha. The sponsor of the event (TunerZ Store) ended up giving him one of the door prizes later that night and it got installed for him at the show on Sunday. His first mod, a cooling diversion plate..

That night we had a great time at the resort hanging out, dinner, drinking, fireworks, etc.. A pic from the festivities that night..

The following morning we shook off the booze and had a car show. Heres a better look at that LS powered 240SX..

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
post #29 of 55 Old 09-13-2012, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Slayer

(Thread Starter)
I'm not the biggest Genesis fan but this was a well appointed sharp car..

This 240Z was here last year but was only finished up to the drivetrain. The restoration was only complete a couple weeks before this years event and it rightfully won the honors for best of show..

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
post #30 of 55 Old 09-13-2012, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Dragon Slayer

(Thread Starter)

Heres some of the rest of the POS that were able to pull themselves out of bed that morning..

2006 Black SER 6MT..

2012 Slate G37X 7AT..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Local Chapters & Nissan Auto Clubs > Mid Atlantic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode