2017 Maxima Plat: Shift Failure, Power accessory Failure - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-14-2019, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2017 Maxima Plat: Shift Failure, Power accessory Failure

I will attempt to be as descriptive as possible. So, while my wife and I are driving, we are searching for somewhere to pickup a quick bite to eat. We pull into a the parking lot with a car full of groceries, thinking that, this will not take that long. We stop, put the car into Park and realize that the Eatery,(WG Grinders) has closed, or so we thought. Thinking that this is not a problem, we do a phone search for something else. As I attempt to put the car in Reverse, it will not move. I cannot put the car in reverse. Now 5 minutes prior to this I noticed that the blinkers were acting as if there was a bulb out(Fast Blinking). While parked, I attempted to get out of the driver side door, I push the PD, no movement of the door lock. I soon realized that we have not power inside the vehicle, No Power windows, no power sunroof, no interior accessories, other than the radio and headlights. Yes the engine is still running, and the AC is still on. I turned the car off, and back on again, No problem. Vehicle starts with no problem. We called AAA to tow the vehicle to Nissan. The tow arrived and advised us that he can by-pass the Brake-to-Shift interlock with the ignition key. The Tow driver was successful, and we were able to drive the vehicle home to unload the groceries, and then proceed to the dealership to drop the vehicle off. Question: What may have caused this? This is a 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum with 8800 miles.
We had no previous issues with this car. Yes I could access the Trunk either, I had to crawl through and pull the emergency trunk release.
What do I think it is? I believe the a fuse or maybe a ECU is to blame for the catastrophic failure. There is no smell of burning wires or anything of the sort.
I cant wait to see what the dealership has to say!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-25-2019, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Update: So the dealership advised me that it was the BCM (Body Control Module) 40 AMP fuse. That being the culprit, what made that happen? The dealership was able to determine that very quickly. I was advised that they were not sure what caused that to go. They kept the vehicle for an additional day as to maybe determine what caused it to fail. Hopefully, that will not happen again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN MAXIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2016+ Nissan Maxima Gen. 8 Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode