new guy interested in aftermarket car stereo installations. - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-26-2013, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
new guy interested in aftermarket car stereo installations.

Hi ,

I am new to this forum. I have already benefited quite a lot by reading in this forum. I just installed a Ouku “ 7" Double 2 DIN Car CD/DVD Player Radio IPOD Navigation GPS USB/SD/BT H03 Camera that was brought from E-bay ( it is manufactured by Ouku which is subsidiary of Light in the box.com. and received it and installed few days back.

Many thanks for all the people and their posts, the psost helped me a lot in car stereo installation.

Venu

Last edited by kesi0072002; 11-26-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-26-2013, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have few questions still regarding my car stereo installation.

1. Back up camera- I connected red positive wire and black ground wire (that came with the camera they supplied) to my reverse light wires on Nissan altima 2006 ( I spliced the black ground wire and red with a black stripe wire just after the wiring harness meet towards the reverse light. I also connected yellow RCA wire back of my head unit and on the other side to camera. I do see camera when I put the reverse gear, and camera goes off if I switch to Drive or to parking, but I had to choose camera mode on my head unit to be able to see this. On the back of my DVD unit I have brown wire (which is meant for reverse), I left this unconnected. Do I need to connect this also to the red positive wire of the reverse light by running an extra wire from back of head unit to reverse light again, so that reverse camera comes up automatically when I switch to reverse gear ( without me having to select camera mode)?. I tried connecting the brown reverse wire to my Red Ignition /switched 12 V wire, but this seems to keep the head unit in power always and it remains in camera mode always and does not allow me to change into DVD disc or navigation or any other available modes like radio, tv, usb, aux etc.

2. I have connected “Ouku DVD head unit” to my Nissan altima 2006 using a Metra wiring harness ( it had two adapters) but there was no steering wheel control adapter. I cut the wires going into steering wheel wiring harness that has 3 wires (Blue, green with white stripe, and red with white stripe). Grounded the blue wire to one of the black wire of the head unit, fortunately there is a second black grounding wire from the same outlet of the wiring harness of the head unit and I used this to ground a pink (parking) wire from the head unit so that I was able to see the video while driving. Grounding of blue wire restored trip function on the altima, So I can change between Trip A, Trip B or dte or mpg etc. I connected the remaining two wires which were originally going into steering wheel harness into steering wheel key1 (green with white stripe wire) and steering wheel key 2 (red with white stripe wire) and programmed steering wheel control options using Wheel under settings in my head unit. It seems that one wire is for steering wheel control power cable +5 V and another wire (black) is ground cable and this leaves just one more data cable. Though the OEM stereo and steering wheel controls has more controls all are fed just from one wire and resistors may be doing the trick to get multiple controls to work.
But while programming the steering wheel controls, I was able to save just one function either vol + or Vol- or skip (next or previous track or station) or Mod ( which is allowing me to switch between radio, TV, DVD, navigation, camera, aux, usb, i pod modes) , all work but I have to choose just one of them. I read somewhere in this forum that Nissan uses just one single wire and multiple resistors to make several steering wheel controls work. (see this under this link "http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1H7KplQPrXK/learn/2005-06-nissan-altima.html" Nissan uses a single wire for every button on your steering wheel. The PAC adapter requires multiple resistors to distinguish between the different signals from the steering wheel controls, Is there any way of getting back , vol and skip ( next or pre ) functions to work , without having to use steering wheel adapters. Because I was able to program each one of them, but it is saving just one (last programmed option).

Last edited by kesi0072002; 11-26-2013 at 09:40 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-03-2013, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
car stereo questions resolved

I have finally find out the answers.
1. For reverse camera, I indeed needed to connect, brown wire from the back of the unit to my reverse light ( used a 20 ft long 16 guage wire from Home Depot and connected at the reverse light ,where I connected my back up camera before. Now everything works great.

2. I have also figured out that , I needed to pair all steering wheel control buttons quickly, one by one before selecting OK, now I have got all the steering wheel controls buttons to work, and even I programmed a new function "Vol+" button on steering wheel to directly go into BT calling mode" which I will use more regularly and retained Vol- button as it is. All this was done by using the Built in Steering wheel controls of OUKU DVD unit, and without the necessity of using any Steering wheel control adapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesi0072002 View Post
I have few questions still regarding my car stereo installation.

1. Back up camera- I connected red positive wire and black ground wire (that came with the camera they supplied) to my reverse light wires on Nissan altima 2006 ( I spliced the black ground wire and red with a black stripe wire just after the wiring harness meet towards the reverse light. I also connected yellow RCA wire back of my head unit and on the other side to camera. I do see camera when I put the reverse gear, and camera goes off if I switch to Drive or to parking, but I had to choose camera mode on my head unit to be able to see this. On the back of my DVD unit I have brown wire (which is meant for reverse), I left this unconnected. Do I need to connect this also to the red positive wire of the reverse light by running an extra wire from back of head unit to reverse light again, so that reverse camera comes up automatically when I switch to reverse gear ( without me having to select camera mode)?. I tried connecting the brown reverse wire to my Red Ignition /switched 12 V wire, but this seems to keep the head unit in power always and it remains in camera mode always and does not allow me to change into DVD disc or navigation or any other available modes like radio, tv, usb, aux etc.

2. I have connected “Ouku DVD head unit” to my Nissan altima 2006 using a Metra wiring harness ( it had two adapters) but there was no steering wheel control adapter. I cut the wires going into steering wheel wiring harness that has 3 wires (Blue, green with white stripe, and red with white stripe). Grounded the blue wire to one of the black wire of the head unit, fortunately there is a second black grounding wire from the same outlet of the wiring harness of the head unit and I used this to ground a pink (parking) wire from the head unit so that I was able to see the video while driving. Grounding of blue wire restored trip function on the altima, So I can change between Trip A, Trip B or dte or mpg etc. I connected the remaining two wires which were originally going into steering wheel harness into steering wheel key1 (green with white stripe wire) and steering wheel key 2 (red with white stripe wire) and programmed steering wheel control options using Wheel under settings in my head unit. It seems that one wire is for steering wheel control power cable +5 V and another wire (black) is ground cable and this leaves just one more data cable. Though the OEM stereo and steering wheel controls has more controls all are fed just from one wire and resistors may be doing the trick to get multiple controls to work.
But while programming the steering wheel controls, I was able to save just one function either vol + or Vol- or skip (next or previous track or station) or Mod ( which is allowing me to switch between radio, TV, DVD, navigation, camera, aux, usb, i pod modes) , all work but I have to choose just one of them. I read somewhere in this forum that Nissan uses just one single wire and multiple resistors to make several steering wheel controls work. (see this under this link "http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1H7KplQPrXK/learn/2005-06-nissan-altima.html" Nissan uses a single wire for every button on your steering wheel. The PAC adapter requires multiple resistors to distinguish between the different signals from the steering wheel controls, Is there any way of getting back , vol and skip ( next or pre ) functions to work , without having to use steering wheel adapters. Because I was able to program each one of them, but it is saving just one (last programmed option).

post #4 of 7 Old 12-01-2014, 11:50 PM
baker1k

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Which Ouku did you buy.. any pictures and link for the site or any other site that sells it? Im looking at a Ouku 6.2" Android 4.2 double din head unit on eBay for $300 but I dont know if the radio connectors/harnesses of our Altimas will fit this radio. What did you have to do to get your radio to work? Cut and splicing wires or was it just plug and play? does everything on your Ouku work perfectly such as steering wheel controls, radio etc? thanks

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5S Dark Slate Sedan
post #5 of 7 Old 12-02-2014, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ouku After market stereo for Nissan altima

Hi,

I brought a 7 inch Ouku Double Din Windows CE based after market car stereo brought from Amazon for about 180 $. See the link here

additionally I brought a Metra WIRING harness for less than 10 $.
Metra Turbo Wire Aftermarket Radio Wire Harness Adapter for Select Nissan Vehicles 70-7550 - Best Buy

You have to cut off the existing wiring harness. New Ouku will come with a wiring harness that fits in the back of Ouku UNIT, Wires from new wiring harness and Metra adapting wiring harness need to connected by color matching them. The metra wiring harness does not come with adapting steering wheel control wires but that will not a problem, because there are only three wires in steering wheel controls, one black wire is ground that can be
connected to any metallic part of screw and connect the rest of the two wires as per OUKU instructions. Also connected a rear camera by tapping to reverse light connecting wire and plugging the AV cable on the back of OUKU. See my posts for details.

FYI, see below link for which color wire corresponds to what here ..

Car Stereo Radio Wiring Diagram ? 2006 Nissan Altima

If you have any further questions let me know.

Good luck.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-03-2014, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Wow wall of text.. Welcome

Chris

CHRIS
[email protected]
Your source for OEM parts at employee pricing..
WWW.TASCAPARTS.COM
https://www.nissanclub.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic225617_1.gif
post #7 of 7 Old 08-18-2016, 03:07 AM

The brand new number of Car DVD Player can enjoy several kinds of music inside, whether a sound type , an easy kind of video or any other variant music such us recording and lyric tracks. However, you cannot still play more difficult audio-visual file, like a concert.https://www.eincar.com

Gps navigation satnav systems for automobiles may instantly inform the best people when a celebration has happened, which might also raise the probability of success or finding the correct treatment an hurt individual may well want. Furthermore for further crisis to be able to be normal or desire assistance with some factor. When people go to the plant camping, trekking or plant-walking they have to also have a Gps navigation routing program and cellular.
https://www.eincar.com/car-dvd-playe...c-car-dvd.html
These wireless products is going to be advantageous also. Obtaining a cord to connect to with each of the various apparatus that people are employing might be challenging. It's possibly not really a factor that will probably be allowed because of number of plugs which may be for purchase inside a automobile. Using the fresh designs, there are other getting obtainable in the greater recent automobiles though.

Vital: Deal with reliable companies and buy name-brands. Make sure you may change or return elements just in case they reveal incompatible or don't match the vehicle. Remember each device ought to be setup and could require custom mounting add-ons. Maintain private preferences in mind. Stone and country-music enthusiasts generally favor more effective bass runs. Traditional music needs excellent middle and treble.

Although not as slim formed such as the previous one, the product works with Apple items. Besides, additionally, it gives you wireless hub that will help you navigate your drive when you're searching for somewhere. This wireless hub certainly can help you enhance your work like opening emails or video. Need more features, and never pleased with both of these items? Might be Pioneer AVH-P3400BH 2-Noise will be your choice, because it also outfitted with radio transmitter and suitable for Apple product too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan Enthusiast General Forums > New Member Forum - Introduce Yourself!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode