LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-25-2019, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2016NissanMurano-braking

Hi Everyone,

This is Ray. I bought a 2016 Nissan Murano S. has 34500 miles, drove it around 3000 miles. I feel a vibration when I brake from 50+ miles speed. I thought it was the front brake pads. I have replaced them. it eased the vibration a little bit but the vibration is still there and I can feel in the car. I don't feel the vibration while driving local around 30 to 40 miles speed but I do I feel it every time I drive on the highway. Any suggestion or advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ray.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-25-2019, 03:28 PM
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1149 Post(s)
Can be a lot of things....brake rotor(s) would be my best guess, most likely the front (do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel as well as hear it, or just hear/feel it in the seat--if not then focus on rear). I assume you cleaned up the caliper slides, guides and pins properly when you replaced the pads? Were any of the pins sticking? If so that can cause uneven wear, excess heat and other ways to cause a rotor to no longer be true.

Nissan OEM HID, Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine Y-pipe, Strut Brace, Stillen Swaybar, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs 94-09 Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock / Lower VQ rad hose / VQ Belt Squeak /
/ Brake Job / RA 5% Discount
post #3 of 3 Old 05-09-2019, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ugmac1 View Post
Can be a lot of things....brake rotor(s) would be my best guess, most likely the front (do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel as well as hear it, or just hear/feel it in the seat--if not then focus on rear). I assume you cleaned up the caliper slides, guides and pins properly when you replaced the pads? Were any of the pins sticking? If so that can cause uneven wear, excess heat and other ways to cause a rotor to no longer be true.
I finally fixed the issue. Thank you for your suggesstion. I checked the rear rotors, they are rough and not even. The fronts are smooth. I changed rear rotors and brakes. The vibration seems to be gone now.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan Enthusiast General Forums > New Member Forum - Introduce Yourself!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List