Fuel Injector Cleaners: Everything You Need to Know - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-14-2018, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fuel Injector Cleaners: Everything You Need to Know

Quote:
Fuel injector cleaners are an important part of maintaining your engine to ensure it's running at maximum smoothness and efficiency.

Here we’ll talk about everything you need to know about fuel injector cleaners and we try to answer every question you have, like why they are needed in the first place, how to use them, should you use them yourself or go to a mechanic and so on. What questions do you have?
Read more about the Fuel Injector Cleaners: Everything You Need to Know at AutoGuide.com.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-14-2018, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Yours and do what you will BUTTTT..........................I for one have never used those products ever on a long stream of cars over the last 40 years. And zero injector or carburetor issues at all, unless you count excess water borne in ethanol. We never used them at the family garage as well.

The gasoline has certain amounts of it as cleaners already to not get sued over fuel quality issues.

I sold barrels of those cleaners as well when I was in parts the several times I was, I found they tune up drivers generally more than they do the cars. Most drivers who spoke in a sensible manner will admit if you get them into a quiet corner that they have no real proof of improvement, they just felt better about doing it.

NOT saying at all there is no good being done there, just not usually in the way most think. The products can have some helpful qualities, it's just that I personally apparently never need them. All that means is that it can be done.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-14-2018, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
Yours and do what you will BUTTTT..........................I for one have never used those products ever on a long stream of cars over the last 40 years. And zero injector or carburetor issues at all, unless you count excess water borne in ethanol. We never used them at the family garage as well.

The gasoline has certain amounts of it as cleaners already to not get sued over fuel quality issues.

I sold barrels of those cleaners as well when I was in parts the several times I was, I found they tune up drivers generally more than they do the cars. Most drivers who spoke in a sensible manner will admit if you get them into a quiet corner that they have no real proof of improvement, they just felt better about doing it.

NOT saying at all there is no good being done there, just not usually in the way most think. The products can have some helpful qualities, it's just that I personally apparently never need them. All that means is that it can be done.
Since you were in the parts business I wonder how many bottles of Marvel Mystery Oil you sold? I was in the biz back in the late '70s, and '80s, and I must have sold thousands of bottles of that stuff. Funny thing, I never used it myself.

Here is something interesting though from Scotty Kilmers YT channel. I tried it, just to clean up the cats on my mostly OEM 93 Camry [95k original miles].

post #4 of 4 Old 08-15-2018, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
There is nothing special about lacquer thinner. It's even in fuel in the various components. Removing soot (what the detergent attempts to do) may help a little to expose the active precious metals underneath. I've physically taken stiff wire to poke the clogged pores back open. He shouldn't throw the cats around, many often do not have an underlying honeycomb matrix of metal like the one he shows, rather they are comprised of a ceramic 'brick' that shatters easy as spit like a piece of pottery. One drop and it's scrap.

I never do anything there other than get the cars back to running fine instantly, what generally kills cats by not doing. I have no trouble with them at all and even at well over 200K miles they work OK.

I sold more MMO back in the early '80s in parts than in the '10s, only older guys like me know about it. Didn't say you as I have no idea how old you are lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan Enthusiast General Forums > Nissan Automotive News and Announcements

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode