2005 Murano CVT fluid - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-07-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2005 Murano CVT fluid

Hi, my Murano has a small cvt leak and is now low on cvt fluid. When I went to look up what fluid it takes in the user manual it said that only Genuine Nissan CVT NS-2 fluid can be used. But when I went to autozone they directed me to non-Nissan cvt fluid. Does it really have to be the Nissan NS-2 fluid? That stuff costs alot more money and I'm thinking I need to flush the old stuff anyway which if I had the Nissan dealership do I would not be surprised if it was several hundred dollars, especially if they use the NS-2.

Last edited by namaste4130; 02-07-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-07-2019, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Unless you are Rip Van Winkle and just woke up you should have already run across the thousands of posts all over the web about how easy Nissan brand CVT transmissions tear up as compared to others. There will be plenty of them here onsite too.

I am one of the first to say use the cheaper fluid in most cases but in this case I would say do NOT do so, there is no such thing as a universal CVT fluid anyway. Just the difference in Nissan NS-2 and NS-3 can tear up a trans.

The screwy thing with CVT is that the chainbelt is metal and bites on a metal cylinder, it takes some extremely peculiar additives to make that happen just right and not having them in exactly the quantity the trans parts want will lead to belt slip and once you have gone there on a CVT it pretty much only gets worse. Universal fluids will approximate the amounts of additive needed to cover more brands of formulation and not in the exact amounts the transmissions (at least in Nissans' case) need and you are asking for it there in my view, but I'm only one guy.

Yours and do with it what you will, you have been warned. I used to sell those fluids FYI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > Nissan Murano Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode