4th Gen Suspension Thread - Page 4 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 152 Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Oh wow.. I forgot to update. Yea.. it was the sway bar. Though now my rear suspension is clunking, almost 48000 miles, so I'm just going to replace them if the dealer inspection proves that they are going.

"I Being A Poor Man Have Only My Dreams, Thread Softly As You Thread On My Dreams."
My Car Domain
Parts For Sale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 152 Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Bump Bump, Any one in the MA area, Kaizen tuning is quoting coilovers installed aligned and set for I think it was 1400-1500? Email them for more info. Kaizen Tuning

"I Being A Poor Man Have Only My Dreams, Thread Softly As You Thread On My Dreams."
My Car Domain
Parts For Sale
post #48 of 152 Old 02-13-2011, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRowe View Post
Oh wow.. I forgot to update. Yea.. it was the sway bar. Though now my rear suspension is clunking, almost 48000 miles, so I'm just going to replace them if the dealer inspection proves that they are going.
Edit..

I lied.. I'm at 45 000 Aprox and the rear feels like it's completely gone. At this time I'm uncertain if it's a bushing or the strut/shock but there is a metallic thunk or clunk when going up inclines or bumps at low speeds, sometimes when turning at low speeds and when cornering at high speeds. Oddly enough at this stage there is no noise during level driving and whilst going over uneven tarmac at speed. I'm assuming it will get worst over time and I'll be able to pinpoint exactly what it is.. However with my history with this car, helping people to move, taking multiple passengers etc I'm probably looking at new struts/shocks all around. Which honestly isn't too expensive.

My Car Domain
Parts For Sale

post #49 of 152 Old 02-15-2011, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
False alarm, rear endlinks came lose.

My Car Domain
Parts For Sale
post #50 of 152 Old 03-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Max Man

Anyone who installed the pro kit have to modify the stock bump stops at all? I'm still waiting on my rear KYB shocks and the pro kit both of which are on back order.

post #51 of 152 Old 03-11-2011, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Nupe, I believe it was all plug and play.

My Car Domain
Parts For Sale
post #52 of 152 Old 03-23-2011, 01:56 AM

ok sorry to bring this back from the dead, but i need to get my shopping list correct as im about to order. i got the part no. from eibach for my 2010 2.5 and im going to order the springs off ebay as they are about 60 dollars cheaper(still eibachds). so if i am thinking correctly i should go ahead and order the front and rear camber kits as well(these will come directly from eibach)?

post #53 of 152 Old 03-23-2011, 04:09 AM
Max Man

From reading on it seems pretty useless to get the camber kit. Unless you start eating tires you'll be fine. I haven't read one review of someones tires wearing extremely fast. It also doesn't look like anybodys rears are angled in. On my Prelude I did tokiko blues with H&R Race springs and the rear was angled in pretty bad at the top because the mechanic I had said it was fine and didn't need the camber kit even though I had one and it did need it. It's kinda hard to see but you can see the top of the rear tire is angled in

I drove it like that almost 8 months before I sold it and the tires didn't wear bad
Everyone on here with a pro kit rear tire looks pretty straight up and down. On a side note that car had 4WS and handled like it was on rails. I kinda miss it.

post #54 of 152 Old 03-24-2011, 01:45 AM

alright that sounds like a solid plan zolemite, im ordering tonight. going to install them myself at my shop. i wonder if anyone has only put the front springs in and left the rear stock. just because the rear drop isnt that big.

post #55 of 152 Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Max Man

I'm just waiting for my springs and rear KYB shocks to come in from Tire Rack and I'll have all new suspension installed. The springs are meant to work as a group. I wouldn't just put springs on the front only. The pro-kit's drop looks pretty even from all the pictures

post #56 of 152 Old 03-24-2011, 03:44 AM

well i guess ill, put them both on, no biggie. i ordered mine on ebay through discount tire, no notes yet on being back ordered. got them for 215 with free shipping.

post #57 of 152 Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedgator View Post
alright that sounds like a solid plan zolemite, im ordering tonight. going to install them myself at my shop. i wonder if anyone has only put the front springs in and left the rear stock. just because the rear drop isnt that big.
For the amount of work it takes, seems very easy to put the rears in compared to the fronts so why not have proper springs on all 4? yeah they may not seem to make a difference but if you measure im willing to bet there would be a difference, plus the spring rates are different than the stock and would be stiffer. Im about to install all 4 on my car soon.

-'08 Altima Coupe 2.5 CVT
-Stillen front lip, Stillen rear spoiler, 6000k Migo VX2 HID's, Eibach springs, Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors, G37 wheels
post #58 of 152 Old 04-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Altima FTW

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
^Are you installing just the springs?

2007 2.5S Radiant Silver
Depo Black & Clear Headlights_Depo Chrome LED Tails_V-LED Parking Lights_Stealth Bulb Turns_DDM 6000k HID_V-LED 6000k Interior/License Plate_OEM Color-Matched Grille_17" Konig Incident Wheels_Fujita SRI_OEM Spoiler_De-badged_Tinted Windows_Kenwood KDC-MP442U_Polk MM651_Infinity Reference 9612i_JL 10W1v2-4_Eclipse EA4100 & 3122 Amps_Monster Wiring
post #59 of 152 Old 04-01-2011, 02:52 AM

yep...i know, not the best way, but alot of others have done it and the stock struts are ok.

-'08 Altima Coupe 2.5 CVT
-Stillen front lip, Stillen rear spoiler, 6000k Migo VX2 HID's, Eibach springs, Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors, G37 wheels
post #60 of 152 Old 04-05-2011, 02:41 AM

yes, i just finished installing the springs only. i figured my stockers will be good for awhile seeing as they only have 6k on them. the rear was way easier than the front, but the front wasnt a big deal either. the whole install took me around 30 minutes. gonna take it to the dealer to get the alignment checked as the machine at our shop is rather old and im dont feel like messing with it. heres a little before and after. i know shes dirty, but this pollen around here is horrible, i washed her last night lol
before:

after:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode