LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 80 Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
zoom zoom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kash_driven View Post
Suspension Techniques Sway Bars Part# 50198 (Front) & Part# 51198 (Rear) are for the 2.5's. Bought a set for my 3.5 and the diameter was the same size.

Suspension Techniques 1.6" Lowering Coils Part# 60198

Did you reuse the stock bushings? I have the ST front bar, but haven't installed it yet. I bought it from a member here, and it didn't have bushings, so I called ST and they said it reuses the stock ones (even though it is a larger diameter).

Joe-
'02 3.5SE 6MT HLSD (SOLD Nov. 2011)
1/4 mile: 14.29 @ 101.33, 2.29 60' (5MT)

'06 Mazda 3s GT 5MT - Current DD / autox car
Dunlop Star Specs, Mazdaspeed Catback

Last edited by altjt02; 02-08-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 80 Old 02-15-2011, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
2488cc

(Thread Starter)
Okay thanks guys I updated with the suspension techniques springs/front sway bar/front+rear sway bar set. Let me know if anyone comes across anything else.

Philli is researching every possible suspension part that's interchangeable between us and the Z right now, to hopefully come up with some more aftermarket pieces.

'06 G35 Sedan 6MT
- Z1 clutch & flywheel - Z1 intake - dumped exhaust under driver's seat -

03' Alti 2.5S 5MT, more of the car..
The QR25DE Modding Information Thread
post #18 of 80 Old 02-21-2011, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Anybody install megan racing lowering springs on their car yet? im curious to see how they might look.. 2.0 up front and 1.7 rear drop

post #19 of 80 Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Max Man

As far as I know 3rd gen Atima and 6th gen Maxima's suspensions are the same. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. It helps to search both on Ebay

post #20 of 80 Old 09-04-2011, 06:53 AM
zoom zoom

^^Correct. 3rd gen Altima and 6th gen (04-08) Maximas share the same suspension.

To give a little update, my ST front sway bar is now in and it did reuse the stock bushings and brackets.

Joe-
'02 3.5SE 6MT HLSD (SOLD Nov. 2011)
1/4 mile: 14.29 @ 101.33, 2.29 60' (5MT)

'06 Mazda 3s GT 5MT - Current DD / autox car
Dunlop Star Specs, Mazdaspeed Catback

post #21 of 80 Old 10-16-2011, 01:39 PM

I've got an 02 2.5SL. Wanted to lower the beast; i already ordered a set of H.Tech's and was wondering if they are compatible with KYB GR2's or Monroe's. If anyone can enlighten me, it would be much appreciated. Trying to get this all done before the snow hits. Thank You in advance.
post #22 of 80 Old 10-16-2011, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Go with the kyb Gr2's prbably one of the best combo's you can get for these cars, I had Tien S.Techs and Gr2's before I got coilovers and they served me very well. You should also think about changing the strut mounts while you are in there, just get everything done at once you would not want to get it all back together and drive down the road only to find you have a bad strut mount and have to do the job all over again. Also while you are in there take a look at some wear items like tie rod ends and sway bar enlinks, and make sure none of there little rubber boots are torn, not a bad time too look at your brakes either. I always do a pre-winter inspection on my car just because I do all my own work, I dont really want to be out in the middle of winter in 20* weather changing car parts. Hope all goes smooth for you and post some pics in the lowered 3rd gen. thread when you are all done.
post #23 of 80 Old 10-17-2011, 01:36 PM

thanks for you opinion and advice, i wasn't really thinking about changing the mounts but i guess it is a good idea while it's all getting done. i will definitely put some pictures up as soon as i get that done. thanks again
post #24 of 80 Old 10-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Smokin VQ

I just installed my Rear Tower Strut Brace (RSTB) by KCMAXX. This was for the 6th gen Maximas but as we all know 6th gen Max and 3rd gen Alti's share the same suspension and brake components.

The installation is literally 15 minutes. It is just 2 bolts that was provided with the kit. I highly recommend it. I was hesitant at first but after reading all the positive reviews I decided to give it a try and it was all worth it. I have the KYB-AGX 8-way adjustable shocks for my rear but I felt like my rear still rolled a bit. With this added though, it was gone. Drove to work this morning and took some turns with a good amount of speed and yeah the difference is there. It is a good price too!

Here are a couple links for more info and reviews. You might have to register to see the pictures but I am not certain. Take note that I only did the upper. Figure thats all I needed. Enjoy!!

my6thgen.org - Official Home Of The 6th Generation Maxima
GD - KCMaxx 6th gen RSB Group Deal - Maxima Forums
KCMaxx RSTB Review Thread - Maxima Forums
post #25 of 80 Old 10-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Max Man

I want that bar too

post #26 of 80 Old 03-19-2012, 09:17 PM

I'm wanting to get the raceline lowering springs but I just noticed the KYB gr2; do I need to get these as well?

Also any opinions from other forum members on whats "currently" available in the market for the suspension parts. I notice the update doesn't have much reviews and alot of links are dead. I want to be able to have a smooth ride and less wheel hop; along with taking corners better.

'02 altima v6

'02 Altima SE 3.5
post #27 of 80 Old 03-19-2012, 11:53 PM

Look at the 'Post pics of your lowered 3rd gen thread' to compare differnt heights. You won't need KYBs but it's recommended. Racingline if you want even wheel gap front and back, eibach prokit if you want best ride quality, tein s tech if you want lowest drop. I went with vogtland springs because they are in between prokit and s techs, and they still have good ride quality. My car is MUCH stiffer when cornering hard.

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s
post #28 of 80 Old 03-20-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2.5alti View Post
Look at the 'Post pics of your lowered 3rd gen thread' to compare differnt heights. You won't need KYBs but it's recommended. Racingline if you want even wheel gap front and back, eibach prokit if you want best ride quality, tein s tech if you want lowest drop. I went with vogtland springs because they are in between prokit and s techs, and they still have good ride quality. My car is MUCH stiffer when cornering hard.
eibach drop is 1" all around; would this leave the front end up still very high? I liked the racingline drop because it was nice and even but I wanted to know how the riding quality was. I hear good all the time never a bad review but then i heard another person say that their eibach was really nice ride quality

'02 Altima SE 3.5
post #29 of 80 Old 03-20-2012, 01:20 AM

I loved my Tien S.Techs when I had them only problam was the rear sat a little too low for me but they git rid of the front gap. I also had KYB GR-2's on my car with them and they rode great, and they kept you planted in the corners, many summer days of spirited driving when I had them. Now I am on BC coils and I would never look back, not sure what kind of budget you are but if you are somewhat OCD you are not going to be happy with the way any other spring drops your car than racingline's when it comes to the looks of it, but I would say Eibach, Tien and Racingline all perform around the same.
post #30 of 80 Old 03-20-2012, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timinsk View Post
eibach drop is 1" all around; would this leave the front end up still very high? I liked the racingline drop because it was nice and even but I wanted to know how the riding quality was. I hear good all the time never a bad review but then i heard another person say that their eibach was really nice ride quality
The Eibach drop isn't really even all around. The front is dropped more. I can't personally speak for the ride comfort for the Racinglines. Eibach prokit would have the best ride quality.

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode