Pathfinder 2015, backdoor panel and fitting question - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By d0ugmac1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-24-2019, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pathfinder 2015, backdoor panel and fitting question

Hi all,
I have a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder. The rear trunk door opener electric switch broke on me. The electric switch still works however, it was a cold day and I pushed it too hard. Now, it's out of it's spot. How do I fix this? Here's a link to where the push button switch sits:
https://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanpa...artcode=90810Q

Nissan Code is 90810Q

I have tried and am unsure how to take the assembly out so I can put this part in it's place perhaps with glue.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-24-2019, 03:05 PM
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1154 Post(s)
If the switch is integrated into the finisher, then I'd start by removing the interior plastic panel (part 909) below the window. That should give you access to the nuts/screws holding the finisher in place inside the door, loosen, but don't remove until you understand exactly how it's going to come off. You'll probably need to disconnect some wiring (plate lights, trunk switch) before you can remove the finisher assembly to try to fix it, or just replace it outright.
sunguy likes this.

Nissan OEM HID, Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine Y-pipe, Strut Brace, Stillen Swaybar, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs 94-09 Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock / Lower VQ rad hose / VQ Belt Squeak /
/ Brake Job / RA 5% Discount
post #3 of 5 Old 04-24-2019, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ugmac1 View Post
If the switch is integrated into the finisher, then I'd start by removing the interior plastic panel (part 909) below the window. That should give you access to the nuts/screws holding the finisher in place inside the door, loosen, but don't remove until you understand exactly how it's going to come off. You'll probably need to disconnect some wiring (plate lights, trunk switch) before you can remove the finisher assembly to try to fix it, or just replace it outright.
Hmm..I can try but last time I looked at interior plastic panel it looked pretty complicated...I could have done it if there was a video but looks like there is none..thank you

post #4 of 5 Old 04-24-2019, 06:48 PM

Remove screws from handles etc. Pry out lights etc. Pop any poppers you can find. Work it with your hands as you go to try to find points of resistance. If there are no poppers or screws along the lower edge, then it will have snap poppers fixed to the inside of the plastic panel and you'll need to lever these out of the inner steel door frame...start at one lower corner and work your way across, then up each side. Use a plastic pry tool (available lots of places and cheaply).

Will likely swing away at the bottom and you'll have to lift it slightly to clear the glass/upper end from some kind of ridge.

Nissan OEM HID, Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine Y-pipe, Strut Brace, Stillen Swaybar, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs 94-09 Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock / Lower VQ rad hose / VQ Belt Squeak /
post #5 of 5 Old 04-24-2019, 06:58 PM

Here, have a look at Pages 34/35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > Nissan Trucks & Off Road Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode