NYS Automobile Law Information - Page 9 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 132 Old 07-01-2008, 09:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dims View Post
I put vinyl to cover up the chrome in my 05 altima tail light... its in no way blocking any light just concealing the chrome. Can the cops say anything about this.
I don't think so i was just in the body shop getting oil changed, tires rotated and inspection, and was talking about getting that exact tint overlay for my tail light and he said he believed it wasn't illegal and his friend has it on the headlights and taillights and hasnt gotten introuble yet......any one find out yet if the eyelids are illegal or not? they dont block any light really

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 132 Old 07-01-2008, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yea, I asked a cop and he said it wasn't something the cops would bother you about, he said he had a similar type of overlay on his car too as well as tinted front headlights.
Im sure though if a cop really wanted to be an a** he would say something about it.

05 Altima 2.5s
6000k HIDs Lows+Fogs | Berk V2 Intake | Ground Kit | Eyelids | Front Lip | Blacked Out Trim | LED/Cold Cathode Interior/Exterior Lighting | Puddle Lights | GTR Style Tail Lights | RTP Slotted Rotors-Axxis Pads | LED Parking+License Plate Lights | LED Headlight DRL | UAE Folding Mirrors | M3 Lip Spoiler | Black Roof | Eibach ProKit | S5 Grill | Racingline MMI | Black Emblem | Tints | Pioneer Avic F700BT | SR*S 4-1 Header | Greddy Evo II Exhaust
post #123 of 132 Old 07-02-2008, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
In Your Rearview Mirror

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dims View Post
I put vinyl to cover up the chrome in my 05 altima tail light... its in no way blocking any light just concealing the chrome. Can the cops say anything about this.
No.

Hiding behind the shadows

Any questions about the law in NYS just ask.

post #124 of 132 Old 10-12-2009, 06:32 PM

i didnt really understand the lighting passage that you put in the beggining of this thread.

"SHH we're going hunting... it's civic season"
07+ Altima BT Design Footwell Lighting Kit in Blue- Installed!
Oznium Leds for Accent Interior Lights- Installed
2 12" Alpine Type-R subwoofers

Last edited by ryan_lx; 02-03-2010 at 08:05 PM.
post #125 of 132 Old 01-14-2011, 02:53 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I just got tickets FOR ALL 5 WINDOWS tinted!! LOL

Fukking prick only measure driver's side front and rear, went to his car and came back with 5 tickets!! WTF??? I even got a ticket for tinted rearwindshield. It does say "70% is allowed on rearwindshield" and then there's "side mirrors need to be installed if rear windshield is tinted" soooo....... can someone explain this to me??

How does that make sense??

Also - according to this same cop i can claim that i bought the car that way, take pics of it with tints, take pics of it after tints are off, present a receipt that a shop took them off and that will give me a chance to beat these tickets. Never heard of this in NY (i know it works in other states) and the fact that i got tickets on windows that were's measures AND the rear windshield makes me wanna find that prick off duty and beat his senseless.

btw - i'm looking at $130 per each window which is $650. shit, i can get some nice mods that that price range lol

post #126 of 132 Old 10-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Nightcrawler

GOTTTDAAAMMM you really pissed him off...i got threaten with all the five windows but i only received it for one. I thought cops in NY gave up on the window tinting issue, now i have to go back to my trick of putting the windows down when i see them cause 650 is to much 4 me.

post #127 of 132 Old 07-31-2014, 10:31 PM

I've just moved to NY from CA and am dreading registering my car. Is there anything to look forward to?
post #128 of 132 Old 05-18-2015, 02:50 AM

So is anyone able to help me fight a speeding ticket I got about a month ago. Highway patrol officer said I was doing 72 on a 50mph zone. I already pleaded NOT guilty and have my court date. Now I just want to be able to fight but I have no idea how to fight it. It's my first speeding ticket ever.

It's not dark enough if you can inside from the outside

Last edited by 4DZC; 05-18-2015 at 03:56 AM.
post #129 of 132 Old 05-18-2015, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
If you have already pleaded guilty why are you now trying to fight it? Do you know what it means to "Plead Guilty"? Whats your defense, temporary insanity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAQns23 View Post
So is anyone able to help me fight a speeding ticket I got about a month ago. Highway patrol officer said I was doing 72 on a 50mph zone. I already pleaded guilty and have my court date. Now I just want to be able to fight but I have no idea how to fight it. It's my first speeding ticket ever.

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
post #130 of 132 Old 05-18-2015, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DZC View Post
If you have already pleaded guilty why are you now trying to fight it? Do you know what it means to "Plead Guilty"? Whats your defense, temporary insanity?
Woops sorry. That was a mistake on my typing. I was trying to say that I already pleaded NOT guilty, my bad that was my mistake.

post #131 of 132 Old 05-18-2015, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Ok, Il fix it for you.

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
post #132 of 132 Old 05-19-2015, 03:08 AM

I really can't afford those points on my license. This is my first speeding offense and I want to be able to win the case at court.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Local Chapters & Nissan Auto Clubs > Northeastern U.S.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode