12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 59 Old 10-19-2014, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Shaving My Shoulders

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The way I see it is if it's curved it better be a big ass screen like Imax or something so everyone can get in on it. If it's a home jobbie I just feel there would be much fewer sweet spots for viewing.

|2013 G37S|CURRENT|
|2005 3.5SE|TRADED |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguinchit View Post
All you G owners suck balls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 59 Old 10-19-2014, 06:39 AM
It's all Gravy, baby!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
The way I see it is if it's curved it better be a big ass screen like Imax or something so everyone can get in on it. If it's a home jobbie I just feel there would be much fewer sweet spots for viewing.
Good point. That's probably why I like them so much in the store. They're always setup at the perfect viewing angle for the display area.

-Brandon
2012 Infiniti M35h (daily)
1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 5MT (project)
1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB (heh, try me)
post #48 of 59 Old 10-19-2014, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
They have a good deal at Amazon today--http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27
post #49 of 59 Old 10-20-2014, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Shaving My Shoulders

(Thread Starter)
^That's a great deal...Nice unit!

|2013 G37S|CURRENT|
|2005 3.5SE|TRADED |

Quote:
post #50 of 59 Old 10-20-2014, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Soooooo has anyone made the jump to a new receiver with Dolby Atmos?

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
post #51 of 59 Old 10-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Common sense advocate

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Here are some pic of my 58" plasma and in-wall speakers. The grilles on the speakers are held on with small magnets. It's a slick setup.

I don't have a center channel at the moment. There is a large wooden beam behind the wall just above the TV, and it's too close to mount the speaker. I have to make a small cabinet to make some space to mount the speaker. It certainly sounds better than just the TV speakers, so it will do for now.

post #52 of 59 Old 10-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Looks realy good. Did you enclose the speakers in the wall or are they just "in the wall" free air? I know you'd hate to do it, but if you couldnt get a small enough cabinet to fit/work right, you could as a last resort ceiling mount your center speaker. I know.....remember I said last resort...lmao Are they Polk speakers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster289 View Post
Here are some pic of my 58" plasma and in-wall speakers. The grilles on the speakers are held on with small magnets. It's a slick setup.

I don't have a center channel at the moment. There is a large wooden beam behind the wall just above the TV, and it's too close to mount the speaker. I have to make a small cabinet to make some space to mount the speaker. It certainly sounds better than just the TV speakers, so it will do for now.

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
post #53 of 59 Old 10-20-2014, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Shaving My Shoulders

(Thread Starter)
Very nice setup @monster289 .

I know how it sucks to have a road-block like that beam in the way of your proposed center channel. I would agree with the in-ceiling mount - but the sloped ceiling might give you more headache getting it to fire in the right direction.

|2013 G37S|CURRENT|
|2005 3.5SE|TRADED |

Quote:
post #54 of 59 Old 10-20-2014, 01:08 PM
Common sense advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DZC View Post
Looks realy good. Did you enclose the speakers in the wall or are they just "in the wall" free air? I know you'd hate to do it, but if you couldnt get a small enough cabinet to fit/work right, you could as a last resort ceiling mount your center speaker. I know.....remember I said last resort...lmao Are they Polk speakers?
A ceiling mount isn't the best option here. The speakers are about 2.5" deep, and the beam is about 1.5" behind the drywall. So I only need to space the speaker out just over an inch. I intend to make a shelf of some kind that also spaces the speaker out just bit. The are basically in a "free-air" configuration. Yes they are Polk speakers and they sound great.

It's super clean install with all the speaker connections in one wall plate. The subwoofer is in the back right corner of the room. The wiring for that is run under the house and terminates in a wall plate.
post #55 of 59 Old 10-20-2014, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Monstar - That's a nice setup.

I just can't wrap my head around the curved tv either. I've seen them on display and they look good though, but just not for me.

S5 Grill:Speedz GTR Spoiler:M3 Roof Spoiler:RL Y-Pipe:NWP Spacers:NWP BOP:PR CAI:RL HFC's:Custom Exhaust:Ralco UDP:SFR Manifold:BC Coils:STR607 19x10.5et35:245/35/19:Tuned via UPREV
Not Slammed but Low Enough
Not Fast but Quick Enough
Not Stanced but Flush Enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz6knxkeBYI&fmt=18
post #56 of 59 Old 10-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Common sense advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DZC View Post
Looks realy good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
Very nice setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzaccord View Post
Monstar - That's a nice setup.

I just can't wrap my head around the curved tv either. I've seen them on display and they look good though, but just not for me.
Thanks guys! My wife and I plan to sell the house in about 3-4 years. I think the plasma should easily last that long, so we're planning to leave it with the house. Prices on TVs are coming down so much it's difficult to resist getting a new one!!

About the curved TV...that would sure look weird if wall mounted. I'm not sure it's really practical. No thanks...
post #57 of 59 Old 01-12-2018, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have any pics of my setup ( wife keeps living room looking like Cracker Barrel so most speakers are hidden ) but this is what I have...

39" Seiki TV
Panasonic SC-HT280 receiver
Two Zenith Allegro 2000 speakers - one on each side of the TV
Two Realistic 40-1377 Dual Bi Radial Horn Tweeters - at the middle sides of the room
Two Columbia 2 way bookshelf speakers - one at each back corner of the room
One GMI-2506 6.5" Silver Shadow Woofer under one end of my sofa
One Infinity BU-1 powered sub at the opposite end of the sofa

It's a very low budget system, most of it came from Letgo and pawn shops and other than the TV, I have around $200 invested.

I'm new to home theater audio and was hoping to gain info from someone that knows the receiver because the LFE indicator light is never on. Wondering if I have to be using a digital dvd player and digital optical cable connected for LFE to work properly.

Also I've read for the subs that are connected to get max power, all other speakers must be set to small. I've tried it, and I get very little bass from the Allegros' so I just can't get away from setting them to large.

Freeway on-ramps rule!!!

Last edited by GregOh; 01-12-2018 at 01:13 AM.
post #58 of 59 Old 01-16-2018, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
I actually think that is a better thing to do , get a decent cheaper system vs the high end part of home theater which seems to me to be all status symbol and no practical difference. I have an Andrew Jones designed Pioneer system--- got under 2k in mine and I am super happy with it.
post #59 of 59 Old 01-17-2018, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartdisease View Post
get a decent cheaper system vs the high end part of home theater which seems to me to be all status symbol and no practical difference.
I agree.

I never really cared for the complete systems you can get in one box. My father in law bought one and the audio sounded like i was coming from a tin can, and that man gets nothing on the cheap.

My low budget Frankenstein system sounds really good (to me). I recently added a Panasonic CV50 DVD player, and the only thing I'm missing is the remote for the receiver. According to the manual, the receiver has the feature of adjusting the output level of each speaker (with the remote only), and I believe if I had that, I could tweak it a bit and make it sound even better.

Freeway on-ramps rule!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Entertainment Forums > Off Topic Section

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode