New Here And I Need Some Help - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 02-10-2016, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Here And I Need Some Help

Hello everybody, first off I would like to thank you all for helping me out with this problem I have! I purchased a 2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL last summer and have been enjoying it tremendously! I recently got out of the military and moved back home meaning I need new plates...... which means a state inspection. My passenger headlight has dimmed quite a bit and i as planning on replacing it today on my day off from school. I peel back the wheel well liner and i find this.(Picture Attached) Can anybody tell me what these light are and how to change them I tried searching on google and came up with nothing. They did have a cap on it that was from Valeo but I'm stumped!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1401.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	427.9 KB
ID:	76489  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-10-2016, 05:06 PM
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
That's the back of a HID bulb...your low beam. Those take D2R bulbs as we have reflector and not projector OEM assemblies (no D2S please), recommend you replace both bulbs at the same time. 4300K is max light output but slight yellow tinge, 5000K are white, 6000K blue tinged white...the farther you get away from 4300K in either direction, the less actual light produced.

To remove, you unscrew a quarter turn and pull back, reverse to re-install. There is a small spring clip to hold the bulb base in place you will need to release to remove the bulb itself.

Nissan OEM HID, Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine Y-pipe, Strut Brace, Stillen Swaybar, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs 94-09 Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock / Lower VQ rad hose / VQ Belt Squeak /
/ Brake Job / RA 5% Discount
post #3 of 5 Old 02-10-2016, 07:52 PM
MRR
2010 2.5 SL

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
d0ugmac1, Would it be correct to say that this is easiest done by pulling off the front bumper, or can these bulbs be changed by going through the well?

post #4 of 5 Old 02-10-2016, 09:29 PM
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRR View Post
d0ugmac1, Would it be correct to say that this is easiest done by pulling off the front bumper, or can these bulbs be changed by going through the well?
I dropped the front bumper fascia...because I was getting pretty good at it anyways It can be done via just the fender well liner...but I think you are taking way more chances with damaging the bulb or other bits because you just don't have the same level of access/visibility to the headlight housing. Given that a decent bulb is $25 and up...if you can, I'd drop the bumper skin.

Also, try to make sure that the soft plastic gasket that seals the opening for the metal connector you photo'd above is properly seated in the dust cap before reassembly...it seems to twist out of shape easily.

Nissan OEM HID, Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine Y-pipe, Strut Brace, Stillen Swaybar, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs 94-09 Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock / Lower VQ rad hose / VQ Belt Squeak /
/ Brake Job / RA 5% Discount
post #5 of 5 Old 10-21-2016, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure of this. I guess your mechanic could help you out with this. Did you try asking them?

A CLEAN CAR IS A SIGN OF A SICK MIND.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > The Ultimate Lighting Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode