Daytime Running Lights/Switchback Problems-2014 Altima 3.5SL - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-04-2016, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Daytime Running Lights/Switchback Problems-2014 Altima 3.5SL

I wanted DRLs on my 2014 Altima and after searching around for other LED bulbs for my interior/truck/license plate/reverse... I discovered IJDMTOY.com. I purchased a set of their exact fit switchback DRLs (70-795). Install was easy and the DRL looked and worked great for 3 months. Then the white LEDs stopped working, the amber turn signal still worked. I contacted IJDM and did some trouble shooting.

I ordered another set and installed them. They worked;however, when I pressed the break they blinked on and off. This lasted about 3 weeks then the module overheated and the DRLs stayed on even when my car was turned off. I sent IJDM videos off my problem and they offered somemore trouble shooting to no avail. I disconnected the module box and just keep the amber lights connected. I reached out to IJDM and after multiple emails and calls they sent me out their new model of the switchbacks (70-775).

The new set had more involved install instructions and was poorly designed. The cables could reach the battery/fuse box and they had hyper flash. My previous two sets had module box failures and the 3rd set just did not worked properly.

I tried my hand at a set straight from China off of eBay (mtfansclub). They looked cheap, but did not have as many LEDs so I was thinking I would have less chance of module box failure. They did not come with a module box and had hyper flash once installed.

I would really like a set of working DRLs on my car. The ones from IJDM looked great, but did not last and the one from China are just cheap. Does anyone know of a working set I could get? Could I install DRLs like the Candaian Altimas have? I am not the biggest fan of the DRL being in my fog lights on the Canadian models... but it's better then nothing. Any advice would be great, thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	81122  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-11-2017, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sorry to hear the troubles you're going through. I was in fact planning on buying the DRL's that you've used for myself. Haven't ordered them yet, just waiting until it gets more warmer so that I can install them. Now I have second thoughts on these switchbacks. Check out my post from this thread. I might have to go with my backup options now.

PS - Others are using some VLED V3 Triton switchbacks.

Past:
2013 Nissan Altima S w/ Remote Start (Purchased used at 23k miles)
Totaled at 57k miles
Current:
2014 Nissan Altima SL w/ Moonroof (Purchased used at 30k miles)
Mods done - LED headlights (Low beam), LED Foglights, LED Switchbacks (95%)
Mods desire - LED headlights (High beam), Radio (Joying or similar) w/ Dashcam, Rear spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > The Ultimate Lighting Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode