• 1 Post By Newalt08

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-26-2016, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Altima SR 2016 - LED appearance - fog lights?

Hi guys!

I recently got my new Altima 2.5 SR, including the LED appearance pack. I really like the white color of the low beam headlights (reason I agreed to pay more for the LED package), however I noticed that the fog lights are still yellow, which makes the front appearance of the car when they are both turned on kind of...weird.

I'm kind of surprised Nissan allowed this to happen to one of their non-base models, especially when making you pay an overpriced fee for the LED pack. So, two questions:

1. Is that normal? (Or something weird happened to my car - manufacturing error or something)
2. Is that fixable somehow? (replacing the fog lights with white colored)

Thanks in advance!

Novia likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-01-2016, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Here ya go, friend. https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...l#.V3WzQpMrJBw

I also hear Nissan sells a LED fog light upgrade kit as an accessory.
Jscpuma08 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Newalt08 For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 12 Old 07-03-2016, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I see.... you're right, I just found the upgrade kit in Nissan's website. I think it's really ridiculous for them to charge you for 600$ the LED appearance pack and not include fog lights.

...in any case... since the price on the link above is similar to the price of the Nissan pack... what would it be best for me? (I have minimum to zero experience in installing these things on my own, but if there's a detailed manual, I'm willing to try).

(I also have a very bad experience from dealer installed third party xenon lights in a Ford Focus I had in the past... They kept turning on and off for no apparent reason, some times I had to drive in complete dark conditions.. but no idea what brand it was... probably the cheapest they could get in their hands to claim that they give "free xenon upgrade"

Last edited by betonven; 07-03-2016 at 10:27 PM.

post #4 of 12 Old 07-03-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betonven View Post
I see.... you're right, I just found the upgrade kit in Nissan's website. I think it's really ridiculous for them to charge you for 600$ the LED appearance pack and not include fog lights.

...in any case... since the price on the link above is similar to the price of the Nissan pack... what would it be best for me? (I have minimum to zero experience in installing these things on my own, but if there's a detailed manual, I'm willing to try).
They are literally plug and play. Just remove the old one, and plug in the new ones. I'd go with the Morimoto units since they are $20 cheaper. But that's all up to you. Each dealer sets the price of their parts, so you could call around from dealer to dealer.
post #5 of 12 Old 07-03-2016, 10:42 PM

Here's the downloadable/printable PDF to add fog lights. Since you already have them from the factory, you just need to to the opposite of the installation of the assemblies. It's very easy. I've installed these exact lights on my 2015.

PDF: http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asist.../T/Q/1TQ40.PDF

Last edited by Newalt08; 07-03-2016 at 10:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Newalt08 For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 12 Old 07-08-2016, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
That was very helpful. So, if I got it correctly, all I have to do is change the existing fixtures with the new ones? I don't have to change any power cables etc.?

Also, something very important: Does any of you have some specs about the OEM LED low-beam headlights my car has? I would like the color temperature and the intensity of the fog lights to match that, otherwise there is no other point of making the upgrade!
post #7 of 12 Old 07-09-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betonven View Post
That was very helpful. So, if I got it correctly, all I have to do is change the existing fixtures with the new ones? I don't have to change any power cables etc.?

Also, something very important: Does any of you have some specs about the OEM LED low-beam headlights my car has? I would like the color temperature and the intensity of the fog lights to match that, otherwise there is no other point of making the upgrade!
I want to say all color temps of OEM LED lights are the same because they need to meet certain DOT requirements. The fog lights I have would match perfectly with the color of your OEM LED headlamps
post #8 of 12 Old 09-02-2016, 04:53 PM

I just received my replacement car from the DC Lemon law procedure, and I opted to install my TRS LED fogs I had on my 2015. They are a great match for the LED headlights on the 2016 3.5SL

https://goo.gl/photos/LwnMy6RaGtEB4E9dA

Last edited by Newalt08; 09-02-2016 at 04:55 PM. Reason: bad photo url
post #9 of 12 Old 08-01-2018, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does your car have LED low and or high beams betoven and or Newalot08. The reason I ask is because I am considering installing these in my car and want to know if it should be a plug and play swamp.
post #10 of 12 Old 08-01-2018, 01:48 AM

Low beam only in the factory LED housings. I have a buddy who installed them on his 2.5 S model. They do not plug and play. You'll need a harness, and will need to add a relay so the DTRL lights will work. But as is, they will not plug up to the existing wiring harness of the vehicle.
post #11 of 12 Old 08-01-2018, 02:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah thats exactly what I want to do to my SR. I am curious if you would be able to find out where he got all the hardware you speak of though like the harnesses. I wouldn't necessarily need the LED DRL'S if a relay is needed, especially if it involves splicing or cutting :X I am more of an adapters type of guy.
post #12 of 12 Old 08-01-2018, 10:50 PM

Well, you would need the relay or the lights would run 24/7, and at full brightness. The harness can be had at the dealer. You'd just need to unplug the existing harness and plug in the new one. But the relays are a MUST. The factory OEM DTRL's already have a relay installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > The Ultimate Lighting Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode