Carid = horrible company!!! Do not deal with!!! - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 12-17-2010, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down Carid = horrible company!!! Do not deal with!!!

Let me just start off by saying that I have NEVER been so disappointed/angry/pissed off with a company this much in my life. I wasn't going to post anything, but this was the LAST straw. I will explain the painful process I have gone through with these morons. I should of done my research, this is NOT A GOOD COMPANY!!!

Back in October, I ordered a SE-R spoiler from these guys, I asked for free shipping because elite spoilers offered it and they obliged. The spoiler came and I had to pay $30 bucks in brokerage fees (I HATE UPS!!) fine, whatever I was happy that I got my spoiler at least.

Upon opening it, I discovered that they had sent me the wrong one!!! They instead had sent me the non se-r spoiler, which is the same one I had on my car. So I contacted them and they said because I am in Canada that I have to ship it back to them myself and they will reimburse me.
I also told them about the C.O.D/brokerage fee UPS charged me and they told me that because it was a return, that I would not be charged that again. To avoid the hassle and because it had been almost a month since the purchase date, they told me they would ship it expedited. I was happy with that so off I went to send the spoiler back, it was a tedious process but I was doing everything with UPS because that is what they used and I didn't want to be charged extra.

Shipping of course is more expensive from here to the states, and I ended up paying $64 bucks. I give them call the next day and tell them I had shipped the spoiler back, they asked me to email them a receipt and that once they receive it my account will be credited.
A week goes by, and nothing happens - the spoiler I sent back arrived at their location AFTER going to the incorrect address CARID had provided me.
I call up customer service again and they tell me they never received my email with the scans of the shipping receipt. So I email them AGAIN to the sales person. Two days go by, I only see a credit of $40......I call them up again and they tell me that's what they paid so that is what they can refund me. I'm sorry but this was THEIR mistake, so it should be them owning up to it.

CARID did not ship me expedited like we agreed, they shipped by ground again....oh and they tried to charge my credit card without my consent after I informed them that I received the wrong item. I get an email afterwards (after my credit card had bounced) that by placing a hold on funds, they could send me the correct spoiler faster. I didn't like that one bit, I was not informed of this and they just went ahead and tried to charge my card. I spoke to SEVERAL reps and maybe 2 out of 10 called me back. And guys, the spoiler itself wasn't in great condition, I had a body shop look at it and they said it looked refurbished....I wouldn't be surprised. The spoiler had scratches, missing primer....DENTS!!! P.O.S

TO TOP IT ALL OFF!! I just received a notice in the mail today from UPS saying I owe them $44 bucks in brokerage fees!! This is getting ridiculous - I'm going to give them a call tomorrow so see if something can be sorta out. Probably not.... -_-

To sum everything up, CARID gave me the run around, promised things they couldn't keep, and didn't make me a happy customer. I will not EVER buy anything from them again nor will I recommend them to anyone.

Heed my warning and do not order from this company....unless you are in the states - it's probably a lot easier to get things done if the buyer and company are in the same country. I'd still say its a risk lol but all I got from this company was a big headache.

\rant

Last edited by DarkCloud; 12-17-2010 at 04:33 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-06-2014, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
OLD bump! Anyone else buy anything from them. I was about to til I read this. Would like to see if things are the same or have improved since this....

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Marketplace > Vendor Reviews and Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode