Z1 Motorsports rant............ - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-24-2014, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Z1 Motorsports rant............

I usually don't post things like this, and I know lots of people here love Z1 so I'll probably get flamed, but I do want to let everyone know of an issue so that it may save them some problems that I am having.

Around the first of Sept I ordered a set of forged Wiseco pistons 11:1. No special order stuff.

I usually order everything from Summit Racing, and in over 30 years with Summit I really can't think of any issues, even with returns for which I made the mistake in ordering the wrong part.

So I order these pistons from Z1 since they are within two hours drive of where I live. Their website page states, "We keep Wiseco pistons sets in stock for quick delivery." [look at the top left of the page in the first small picture for that quote].

Wiseco VQ35 Forged Pistons

Since they stock the pistons they should be here in a few days so I send in my money order on Friday, and the following Monday Z1 sends me an email saying that my partial order is on its way [I also ordered a hi rev oil pump].

The oil pump gets here by the same Wed. So no word on when the pistons will arrive so I wait the rest of the week.

Next week I call Z1, and they tell me to call back the next day, and they will have info on the pistons. So I call back the next day, Tues, and they tell me the pistons have shipped from Wisece IN CALIFORNIA, and should be here by Friday.

No pistons, no tracking number etc by Friday. So this Monday I call them back, and ask about the pistons. They say they will try to find out what is going on, and I ask them to send an email with the finding.

I get an email the next day saying they are looking into other shipping options [but no overnight etc] to get them to me quickly. So nothing else the rest of the day.

I call again today, and now they tell me the pistons are shipping today. I told them their website says they are supposed to be IN STOCK, he said well they should be here to me in a couple of days................yeah, right.

My beef is that in reality they really DON'T STOCK these pistons, but just order them direct from Wiseco. Had I known they didn't stock the pistons I would have ordered them from some place that did stock them.

My machine shop is having a fit for my parts talking up space in their floor as I told them the pistons should be there in a few days after I brought my parts. They can't bore the block without mic'ing the pistons, nor can they balance anything.

Also, I have no way of knowing that the pistons will even ship today. From now on I will stick with Summit racing as they tell you up front if a part is in stock or will have to ship at a later date.

Keep in mind that one of the reasons I ordered from Z1 was that they approx 70 miles away, and supposedly keep those pistons IN STOCK.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-24-2014, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
*Thread Moved*

Yeah thats crazy. I hate run arounds like that. At this point I would simply ask for my money back, or did you already do that?... For future ref. Please post this in the vendor review section.

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
post #3 of 4 Old 09-24-2014, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sorry about posting in the wrong forum.

I haven't asked for my money back............yet. But, if these pistons [that they keep in stock.....lol] don't arrive here by next Monday I will be asking for my money.

I just don't want to see anyone here order a set of pistons from them expecting that Z1 keeps them in stock, then be stuck waiting in the dark for weeks.

Thanks.

post #4 of 4 Old 09-26-2014, 05:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Sorry to see you going through this. From what I have read on other forums z1 is hit or miss when it comes to customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Marketplace > Vendor Reviews and Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode