Group Buy for Eonon GM5168 Nissan Car GPS with Screen Mirroring & ARM & NFC Support - Page 3 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 99 Old 11-16-2013, 08:40 PM
17MaxPlat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
If your local BBY has the right techs, they are capable of doing a great job on it. Trust me, I know. My local BBY has a few MCSE techs that are super good at custom work.

2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum
RIP 2011 Nissan Maxima SV
RIP 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

View my build thread:
https://www.nissanclub.com/forums/mem...alexander.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 99 Old 11-16-2013, 10:12 PM
BoSs DoN bIG WaVeY

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dam just watched this video of the unit I like it I just wish it had more of a oem look I would of jumped this

post #33 of 99 Old 11-18-2013, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty View Post
I got mine today....it came fed ex and requires a signature.

The first test fit on the dash kit looked like some shaving would have to be done to make it fit.....but other than that so far so good...
Quote:
Definitely some filing or sanding has to take place on the double din opening of the dash kit to make it fit.....its real close but no cigar....
Hi Petty, glad to hear you have received the unit. Hope you can have it installed smoothly and give us more pictures & installation reviews for the unit soon.
No matter what, pls kindly PM me if you any assistant, we will try our best to help. Thanks a lot!

post #34 of 99 Old 11-18-2013, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow_4_u View Post
Got my tracking number Carlos.

I'll give my feedback next week after I get it and install it. Gonna hook up my reverse camera from now so i don't have to run the wires later.
Hi tooslow_4_u, thank you for your support.
Welcome to upload pics & reviews and share with us your installation
like many other guys do here and on the vid/pics channel:
https://www.eonon.com/channel_photo.aspx Thanks a lot!
post #35 of 99 Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 PM
SILVUR METUL JAKUL

Sup everyone, so I received the radio yesterday, I thought to mention a few things I looked over and noticed. So 1st overall impression of the unit I gotta say I like it. Id give it 8.5 outta 10.

It doesn't have a total Nissan look like this aftermarket oem headunit

but it does the job well, as long as the red led lights matche up, ill be fine. and it also doenst have the price tag either..... 629 on amazon. Also this headunit for 629 does not have the oem texture, hence is a "fail" for me! So the GM5168 is my front running headunit. I will miss the big volume knob on my stock H/U, cuz it was perfect! In the middle, easy to see, and really like how it felt when u turned the volume up or down. (if I wasn't using the steering controls which I use a good amount as well) The menu and eject buttons on Eonon H/U are a little loose compared to the 8 side buttons underneath them. those 8 side buttons do press nicely and have a tight feel. the 2 knobs below the 8 side buttons also have a tight feel, the clicking of the knobs while u rotate feel good, and not cheap. Hopefully over time all these buttons stay the way they are now. So overall I like the feel of the buttons. I wish there wasn't so many little words, like the model number, The NFC button, and the SD card and GPS card SHOULDNT SAY CARD, just SD and GPS. My number one color I hate.... IS GREEN....so that little Eonon symbol will be going. Sorry Carlos, im pretty freakin picky! Even I know that! I also have plans for customizing H/U a little to give it a lil SMJ touch!

Frame for radio is not ment for our particular model of our Altima. Maybe other Nissans, but not altima. Cool to have, but this will definitely not be needed. I wouldn't want the frame anyways

So did the first test fit, and here is a good idea of how the H/U fits with the Nissan oem frame......like petty said it doesn't fit properly so shaving of the din will have to be preformed, but at least u can see how it kinda fits.

In pic below u can see that the bottom is not in at all in or flush. I basically just tried to get it to fit on top. Good news is the sides seem to fit......super tight, but they fit.

The oem double dins texture stops as it wraps inward. where it turns into a flat non textued black is where it will need to be shaved. probally not too much shaving on the sides but doing an equal amount on the top and bottom a couple of times with a dremel will hopefully get it to fit.

This is a side shot of about how much needs to be shaved off.

Best Buy charges a flat rate of 99 bucks for install on a double din. 175 for back up camera . That will include any shaving of the oem double din and they also will reinstall ur stock radio if u wanted to when selling the car. For the 99 bucks its not a bad idea for warranty, but u can buy a dremel, and save a couple bucks instead, but no warranty. thought to share for anyone still looking to jump on the group buy. will post more once I get it done, which is hopefully this week cuz its my only week off. I probably wont purchase the camera, not worth the hassle, time, or money at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to SilVuR JAkul For This Useful Post:
post #36 of 99 Old 11-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Garage
Nice review. Just a quick FYI though, when you mount the unit to the metal frame that is still in the car with the OEM radio, thats what will determine where you need to shave. It may be the same spot, but until you have it on the frame, that is just a guesstimate.

PM me for Overlay or Projector Retrofits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
post #37 of 99 Old 11-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Looks nice SMJ! the sides being tight is great for the OEM look.

For the sake of conversation if anyone wants to compare, there are a few mentions of the competing units to this one here:

https://www.nissanclub.com/forums/car...it-review.html

I wish my unit came with the screen mirroring and NFC stuff that'd be really cool! If only I could mix the two of these units lmao

post #38 of 99 Old 11-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Vision Quest

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
for the features and the price of this one I cant see anyone paying 650 for the other style.......
I'm thinkin like you SMJ on the cam cam, but I may let bestbuy handle the install since i dont have a dremel and dont want to eff with it to be quite honest.....
post #39 of 99 Old 11-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Why dont you guys grab a camera off of Ebay? I still have mine from like 2 years ago works great and cheap.

Install is also honestly SUPER easy.

oh and no doubt if I had to pay $600 bucks for it I would never have bought it, I scored it here in the used section for $250 shipped lol

Last edited by twista; 11-19-2013 at 10:52 PM.
post #40 of 99 Old 11-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Well, mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so I'll post a full writeup tomorrow night when I get home. SInce I will have all this stuff apart, i may as well install my BT footwell lights too

Quote:
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
post #41 of 99 Old 11-19-2013, 11:21 PM
SILVUR METUL JAKUL

Quote:
Nice review. Just a quick FYI though, when you mount the unit to the metal frame that is still in the car with the OEM radio, thats what will determine where you need to shave. It may be the same spot, but until you have it on the frame, that is just a guesstimate.
Super good point! So I take it, no best buy for shawn! That's what im thinking. my ol man has a dremmel, but it has to be hooked up to a compressor, so I was thinking of looking how much they are and getting one instead, but that dam 99 bucks seems pretty good. Not sure what ill do.....thanks tho

Quote:
for the features and the price of this one I cant see anyone paying 650 for the other style.......
I'm thinkin like you SMJ on the cam cam, but I may let bestbuy handle the install since i dont have a dremel and dont want to eff with it to be quite honest.....
Don't blame ya! for the warranty, especially if u don't have a dremel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista View Post
Why dont you guys grab a camera off of Ebay? I still have mine from like 2 years ago works great and cheap.

Install is also honestly SUPER easy.

oh and no doubt if I had to pay $600 bucks for it I would never have bought it, I scored it here in the used section for $250 shipped lol
Yeah twista, u got a good deal fo sho for 250...... I wish it just had the oem texture on it, but it def feels oem! Ya I do want the camera, I never had one, and most cameras I saw local, are more than 50 bucks, and I always look backwards when I reverse so it just isn't worth the money to me right now. How do u install the back up cam?

Quote:
Well, mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so I'll post a full writeup tomorrow night when I get home. SInce I will have all this stuff apart, i may as well install my BT footwell lights too
O cool, well ill wait and see how It works out for ya! I still never took off the oem din so im gonna look into removing that......unless somebody knows.
post #42 of 99 Old 11-20-2013, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
it's pretty easy to take apart.

Pop off the air vents right above the radio (the 3 vent piece) It's just held in by clips. I usually leave it plugged in (if you unplug the harnesses on it, sometimes you will get a air bag light flashing if you turn on the car or the acc without it being plugged in) behind it on each side you will see two phillips screws holding the top of the radio bracket in.

Below the radio, open the cubby hole holder. if you look under the main bezel for the radio (the long big piece below the ac controls) there is another plasitic cover that you reach behind and pop it off.

After you remove that, you will have to look underneath (close the cubby door for better view) and you will see the two bottom screws. Remove the four screws and the radio & AC all slides out as one unit.

Then on the bracket on the side of the assembly, you will see two screws on both sides holding the radio to the face. There may be some more holding metal bracket to the plastic bezel too, but I don't recall right now.

Quote:
post #43 of 99 Old 11-20-2013, 12:56 AM
SILVUR METUL JAKUL

sweet....sound like little time and pretty easy. how bout the back up cam? do u have to run wires from the h/u to the license plate area? Also i found a link that has the camera in stock, 10 available, for 53.10 which is worth it imo.

A0122 Car Parking Reverse Camera Sony CCD Super Had Color Waterproof Wide Angle | eBay

Last edited by SilVuR JAkul; 11-20-2013 at 01:09 AM.
post #44 of 99 Old 11-20-2013, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilVuR JAkul View Post

Sup everyone, so I received the radio yesterday, I thought to mention a few things I looked over and noticed. So 1st overall impression of the unit I gotta say I like it. Id give it 8.5 outta 10.

It doesn't have a total Nissan look like this aftermarket oem headunit

but it does the job well, as long as the red led lights matche up, ill be fine. and it also doenst have the price tag either..... 629 on amazon. Also this headunit for 629 does not have the oem texture, hence is a "fail" for me! So the GM5168 is my front running headunit. I will miss the big volume knob on my stock H/U, cuz it was perfect! In the middle, easy to see, and really like how it felt when u turned the volume up or down. (if I wasn't using the steering controls which I use a good amount as well) The menu and eject buttons on Eonon H/U are a little loose compared to the 8 side buttons underneath them. those 8 side buttons do press nicely and have a tight feel. the 2 knobs below the 8 side buttons also have a tight feel, the clicking of the knobs while u rotate feel good, and not cheap. Hopefully over time all these buttons stay the way they are now. So overall I like the feel of the buttons. I wish there wasn't so many little words, like the model number, The NFC button, and the SD card and GPS card SHOULDNT SAY CARD, just SD and GPS. My number one color I hate.... IS GREEN....so that little Eonon symbol will be going. Sorry Carlos, im pretty freakin picky! Even I know that! I also have plans for customizing H/U a little to give it a lil SMJ touch!

Frame for radio is not ment for our particular model of our Altima. Maybe other Nissans, but not altima. Cool to have, but this will definitely not be needed. I wouldn't want the frame anyways

So did the first test fit, and here is a good idea of how the H/U fits with the Nissan oem frame......like petty said it doesn't fit properly so shaving of the din will have to be preformed, but at least u can see how it kinda fits.

In pic below u can see that the bottom is not in at all in or flush. I basically just tried to get it to fit on top. Good news is the sides seem to fit......super tight, but they fit.

The oem double dins texture stops as it wraps inward. where it turns into a flat non textued black is where it will need to be shaved. probally not too much shaving on the sides but doing an equal amount on the top and bottom a couple of times with a dremel will hopefully get it to fit.

This is a side shot of about how much needs to be shaved off.

Best Buy charges a flat rate of 99 bucks for install on a double din. 175 for back up camera . That will include any shaving of the oem double din and they also will reinstall ur stock radio if u wanted to when selling the car. For the 99 bucks its not a bad idea for warranty, but u can buy a dremel, and save a couple bucks instead, but no warranty. thought to share for anyone still looking to jump on the group buy. will post more once I get it done, which is hopefully this week cuz its my only week off. I probably wont purchase the camera, not worth the hassle, time, or money at the moment.
Hi SilVuR JAkul, thanks for sharing us the installation reviews and pictures. It’s so useful that more guys will know Eonon GM5168 better. Many thanks!
Hope you can have the unit installed smoothly and welcome to share us more pictures or videos here, since the functions of GM5168 is really very amazing. It is definitely worth your money.

Also haha, interesting review on the silk print, sorry for that! I will advise our PP department to remove the "card" on SD, GPS in the future.It is true, not really necessary to have that. But NFC cannot be removed, for it is used for positioning the NFC chip.
And about the logo, ur...the color...sorry for that, mate, but i guess it cannot be changed in a short time. Our boss paid a lot to have a famous brand design company to design that logo.
But we did considered removing our logo and our brand on the unit, for we'd like our customers to have a more factory installation effect. We did a research among some of our customers, but 90% of them would like to keep it. So, we keep it.
What do you guys think? Feel free to tell me, i am ready to collect your opinions to the company again! Should we remove the Eonon logo on the unit?

Thanks a lot!
post #45 of 99 Old 11-20-2013, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilVuR JAkul View Post
sweet....sound like little time and pretty easy. how bout the back up cam? do u have to run wires from the h/u to the license plate area? Also i found a link that has the camera in stock, 10 available, for 53.10 which is worth it imo.

A0122 Car Parking Reverse Camera Sony CCD Super Had Color Waterproof Wide Angle | eBay
Hi SilVuR JAkul, the camera A0122 will back around Nov 27th. Since it is the Sony CCD camera and the image quality is pretty good. Also it is easier to install than other camera. In stead of the reverse gear, you can connect "back car control cable" of GM5168 to the reversing trigger cable of A0122.

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 11-20-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Marketplace > VENDOR SALES & OFFICIAL GROUP BUYS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode