Group Buy for Eonon GM5168 Nissan Car GPS with Screen Mirroring & ARM & NFC Support - Page 4 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 99 Old 11-20-2013, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Just made my order and have 2 questions for the guys who installed or have already.

This is plug and play or you still need the wire harnass?

68260-JA02A is the correct part number for 2010 and up DD size with Auto Climate control?

2010 2.5 SL

My Ride Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 99 Old 11-20-2013, 02:25 PM
SILVUR METUL JAKUL

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by litehazelbandit View Post
Just made my order and have 2 questions for the guys who installed or have already.

This is plug and play or you still need the wire harnass?

68260-JA02A is the correct part number for 2010 and up DD size with Auto Climate control?
yes to both from what carlos has said. as long as u have a stock radio. Ur oem DD will still need to be shaved regardless. I think i came to the conclusion that im gonna spend the 99 to get it installed. Very reputable copany called mobile concepts. the tech used to work for best buy, and he said that these hong kong radios are a big red flag! he said any headunit/gps system for under 500 bucks can be trouble, which i knew i was kinda taking a gamble, but now its kinda got me worried. he installed one a couple months ago and it went black on the customer and there was no tech line! So carlos i hope there is a tech line or else ur gonna have some major major issues with us! Especially me! so whats ur tech number if we run into any problems!?????? As for the post u did recently carlos, i appreciate it, i think leaving ur name is fine.....maybe make it all white so its neutral for everyone, but def leave the model number off the front...... put that on the back somewhere noticeable.
post #48 of 99 Old 11-20-2013, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks silver but i dont think this is a fly by night operation. They have been in business for a while and the people on the mazda boards love them.

You have a two year warranty and I'm hoping that the company follows through.

If not I'm sure the community will destroy any reputation they have.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2010 2.5 SL

My Ride Thread

post #49 of 99 Old 11-20-2013, 03:37 PM
Vision Quest

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yeah let's operate on facts and not what "they" said. When we install it and have a problem is when all that gets discussed... Just my .01
Now I'm anxious to see if this is a pos lol....
post #50 of 99 Old 11-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Garage
Just because the radio is coming from China doesn't mean its gonna be crap. We all have seen plenty of US based products that are crap. Lets just see what happens down the line, and deal with any problems if they come up at that time.

But I strongly advise anyone who has problems, contact the company directly before you start any negative threads or negative posts on the forums. If you do experience any real problems and don't contact them first to resolve the issue, but put the product on blast on here first instead, I personally will delete the thread.

PM me for Overlay or Projector Retrofits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
post #51 of 99 Old 11-20-2013, 05:13 PM
SILVUR METUL JAKUL

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That makes total sense. I am more concerned about contacting them. I see a fax number on the 1st page of black brochure, but no other number and when the installer said that they ususally don't have a tech line number and I didn't see one, it made me even more concerned. Im going to head up to mobile concepts right after I eat this delicious sausage, bacon, n garlic pizza, and see what azactly is at hand here. ill keep u guys updated. Mmmmmmm pizza....flavor......Mmmmmmmm
post #52 of 99 Old 11-21-2013, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hi guys, I can understand your concern, maybe this is the first time you heard of Eonon or use Eonon product.

But actually, we have established more than 11 years. We don’t only sponsor forums, but also run website, eBay shop and have many distributor, agent all over the world now. As litehazelbandit said, this is not the first forum eonon sponsors, we've been cooperated with mazda3forum.com for almost 4 years, some time we sold 50+ units per GB, during this 4 years, inevitably there are some problems of the unit, we always try our best to solve and the members always give us support and understanding. So, for more than 3 years, members there could have a most affordable unit they like! Also we have arranged 2 Group Buy in E46Fanatics - Powered by vBulletin in the last 2 month, 100+ people joined us. The members there give us support not because our product worth of their money, but also we are responsible and we always glad to hear their voice & improve the products.

I don’t know who is the Hong Kong seller that mentioned by the Best buy’ tech, but it is definitely not Eonon. If you asked for the tech number, you can just PM with me directly, i will give solution for you then.
Thanks a lot!
post #53 of 99 Old 11-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Carlos, gonna need your help on this. I was gonna just send you a PM, but someone else PM'd me with the same issue, so i figured we will all most likely have this problem.

1: the steering wheel controls don't work for us. I went into the "settings" found the steering wheel control, selected the function, tapped start, and followed the instructions on the screen to long press the button. I held the buttons for a few minutes, and the screen never changed. buttons are not being read by the radio.

2: can you let us know what format videos need to be put on the SD card for the GM5168 to be able to read and play the video file? the website didn't give any details for this unit,

3: for the Miracast function, it appears only certain phones have this function. I'm researching if my Bionic has the screen mirroring as a downloadable option, My GF's S4 worked just fine with it, but my phone couldn't connect.

4: the DNLA download doesn't seem to show up on your site either. So I'm not sure how to take care of that feature.

5: the instruction manual really needs to be a little clearer with the steps. it's very short and some spots seem like there is a step missing.

But on the good side, the radio is a very easy install. all my other features work great. Ipod, USB, reverse camera, all work great.

I think the radio strength can use some fine tuning, but I rarely listen to the radio, so it's not gonna affect me much

Quote:
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
post #54 of 99 Old 11-21-2013, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Do you know what are the benefits of buying from group buy?
1. You can enjoy as long as 2 year warranty, which you can NOT get from anywhere else. More details you can check this page: 2 Year Warranty, Steady Eonon Car DVD
2. Get most professional advice from our Eonon tech team, latest news from our R&D, and most considerate after sale service from our CS team.
3. We can provide you even special customer support in this forum all the time.

For the guys who interested in Group Buy, welcome to join us now! First come, first served.
post #55 of 99 Old 11-21-2013, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow_4_u View Post
Carlos, gonna need your help on this. I was gonna just send you a PM, but someone else PM'd me with the same issue, so i figured we will all most likely have this problem.

1: the steering wheel controls don't work for us. I went into the "settings" found the steering wheel control, selected the function, tapped start, and followed the instructions on the screen to long press the button. I held the buttons for a few minutes, and the screen never changed. buttons are not being read by the radio.

2: can you let us know what format videos need to be put on the SD card for the GM5168 to be able to read and play the video file? the website didn't give any details for this unit,

3: for the Miracast function, it appears only certain phones have this function. I'm researching if my Bionic has the screen mirroring as a downloadable option, My GF's S4 worked just fine with it, but my phone couldn't connect.

4: the DNLA download doesn't seem to show up on your site either. So I'm not sure how to take care of that feature.

5: the instruction manual really needs to be a little clearer with the steps. it's very short and some spots seem like there is a step missing.

But on the good side, the radio is a very easy install. all my other features work great. Ipod, USB, reverse camera, all work great.

I think the radio strength can use some fine tuning, but I rarely listen to the radio, so it's not gonna affect me much
Hi tooslow_4_u, glad to hear you have received unit and installed is smoothly.

Regarding the questions, please take the answers for reference.
1. For steering wheel control function. Since different car have different connector, could you kindly check whether the cables have connected well? Please tap the 14.SW1 and 6.SW2 of the number 4 connector. to the corresponding steering wheel control cables of your car.

2. For SD, it can work with video files: MP4/DIVX6.0/XVID/ AVI/ 3GP

3. Not all the mobile phone has the screen mirroring function. Here is a table list for your reference.

it seems your Bionic has no screen mirroring function. However, you can use DLNA function.

4. There is details for DLNA function in operation manual, have you received new version operation manual? If not,you can download it here. It is on 20 page.
http://www.eonon.com/manuals.aspx?txtSearch=GM5168

sorry that the operation manual doesn't clear enough for you. Please let us know which steps of function confused you. We will improve it in the future. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 11-21-2013 at 09:22 AM.
post #56 of 99 Old 11-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Thanks Carlos.

I'll check the wiring on the radio when I go home later tonight and see if there is anything I need to do for the steering wheel. I figured since the harness is a straight plug in, that the wires should connect straight to the controls. I do not know which wires on my factory harness are for the steering wheel controls, so I'll try to look in my FSM to figure out what to tap into.

I figured my phone may not be compadible, so thats why i was trying to get the DNLA to work, but couldn't figure out how to get it to connect.

Quote:
post #57 of 99 Old 11-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Installation for non bose headunit.

I already had a back up camera with nightvision that I wanted to put on my pioneer, but i couldn't get it to work. Works great on this radio. picture is excellent.

first step,
remove the air vent from above the radio. The assemble is held in by clips, so just get a flat head in there, and then pop it out.

under the AC section of the radio area, on the underside is a plastic panel. open the storage unit door to get better access, and then pull down on the plastic part and it comes right off.

there are 2 screws up top, and two below that hold in the radio. Remove those, and then pull everything out. Disconnect the radio harness, antenna harness, and the AC harness, and now you can have full access to everything behind the unit.

This was my old Pioneer headunit

removed the star bolts on both sides of the metal brackets. and the two at the top that connects the bracket to the bezel

The radio does not fit perfectly, so you do have to trim off the bottom and the sides of the bezel that are in the way

This is what it looks like after

sits pretty flush

Quote:

Last edited by tooslow_4_u; 12-02-2014 at 08:26 PM.
post #58 of 99 Old 11-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
rear view camera, got it from Amazon a while back very cheap and easy as hell to install.

Tap the Red wire with the purple stripe on the back of the taillights to connect to the reverse light power so the radio can activate the camera.

Quote:

Last edited by tooslow_4_u; 12-02-2014 at 08:28 PM.
post #59 of 99 Old 11-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Vision Quest

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Good job Shawn, it does fit flush. I'm curious about the steering wheel controls. I thought the first dude that got his installed at best buy had them working.
post #60 of 99 Old 11-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
thanks.

i went back and read his posts, and he never mentioned the SWC function. I just sent him a PM asking if they do work.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Marketplace > VENDOR SALES & OFFICIAL GROUP BUYS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode