Group Buy for Eonon GM5168 Nissan Car GPS with Screen Mirroring & ARM & NFC Support - Page 5 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 99 Old 11-22-2013, 01:42 AM
SILVUR METUL JAKUL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So all in all i have it in. everything i wanted is working. Took a minute, but its working.... steering wheel controls, radio, miracast, Bluetooth, and DVD/CD. I didn't worry about navigation, DLNA, or backup cam yet. On the radio two of my main stations, B96 and KISS FM, have a lot of distortion and noise. but the rest of the channels come in pretty clean. still feel a lil static, but drones out after a while. Sound is pretty good! U can tell the difference from stock. Audio settings is where its at to make the radio/cd sound good, cuz the 4 presettings (standard, rock, classic, pop) are no good imo. The loud button, which is found in settings under audio def amps up the tunes as well! I like to press that bad boy when wifey n kids aren't in the ride. If u leave the loud button on it still has a pretty high volume at very lowest volume. somewhat comparable to vol 10 on stock system. touch screen is nice once u get use to it. It requires a heavier touch. My "eject" and "main menu" button keep getting jammed, that's my biggest concern at the moment. Miracast is cool, but i def feel static and distortion in there. Its not 100% clean, but then again ur going thru ur phone. Bluetooth is easy and works well. i called wifey and she said it sounded like i was in a tunnel, but she sounded good thru the speakers. It was pretty easy to connect with my Galaxy S4. Heres a couple of pics......enjoy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 99 Old 11-22-2013, 02:19 AM
Vision Quest

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Looks clean, glad to hear about the steering wheel controls
post #63 of 99 Old 11-22-2013, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
not bad at all looks pretty clean, I wanna know about the screen mirroring. It's the only thing that would make me change my mind about my own unit lol

post #64 of 99 Old 11-22-2013, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Garage
i used the screen mirroring using my gf's S4, and I really liked it. But since my bionic doesn't have that feature, I can't use it.

However, the DNLA does work pretty nicely, but it is just for media files on the phone, but if you are within distance of a good wifi signal, you can connect to the internet on using it. So, i'm gonna use my phone's hotspot, and connect my tablet and use that for a moving wifi, and see how it interacts tomorrow.

edit. That didn't work. when i would try to connect to the mobile hotspot, it would disconnect the eonon app.

Carlos, i tried to add some MP4 files to the SD card, and it said the "codec was not supported" any idea on how to fix that?

PM me for Overlay or Projector Retrofits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.

Last edited by tooslow_4_u; 11-22-2013 at 07:27 AM.
post #65 of 99 Old 11-22-2013, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Shawn, thank you for sharing us the installation pictures & reviews, and the installation steps are very detailed. Thank you so much!
Glad to hear you can use DLNA function now. But how about steering wheel control function now? Have you checked the cables? Please give me feedback. i will check with the tech and try our best to assist you then.
Meanwhile, for MP4, firstly, it can only work with the video with resolution under 800 & 480, then could you kindly check whether the file format is MPEG-4? it cannot support AVC format at the moment. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 11-22-2013 at 08:55 AM.
post #66 of 99 Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilVuR JAkul View Post

So all in all i have it in. everything i wanted is working. Took a minute, but its working.... steering wheel controls, radio, miracast, Bluetooth, and DVD/CD. I didn't worry about navigation, DLNA, or backup cam yet. On the radio two of my main stations, B96 and KISS FM, have a lot of distortion and noise. but the rest of the channels come in pretty clean. still feel a lil static, but drones out after a while. Sound is pretty good! U can tell the difference from stock. Audio settings is where its at to make the radio/cd sound good, cuz the 4 presettings (standard, rock, classic, pop) are no good imo. The loud button, which is found in settings under audio def amps up the tunes as well! I like to press that bad boy when wifey n kids aren't in the ride. If u leave the loud button on it still has a pretty high volume at very lowest volume. somewhat comparable to vol 10 on stock system. touch screen is nice once u get use to it. It requires a heavier touch. My "eject" and "main menu" button keep getting jammed, that's my biggest concern at the moment. Miracast is cool, but i def feel static and distortion in there. Its not 100% clean, but then again ur going thru ur phone. Bluetooth is easy and works well. i called wifey and she said it sounded like i was in a tunnel, but she sounded good thru the speakers. It was pretty easy to connect with my Galaxy S4. Heres a couple of pics......enjoy
Hi SilVuR JAkul, it is so glad to hear you also have the unit installed already and like it It looks amazing! Regarding the "eject" and "main menu" button, if these buttons will keep getting jammed, please PM me, we will definitely resolve the problem for you. And for radio, please change another place to check whether it is the signals is not strong enough.

And welcome to share with us more of your nice installation pics on our facebook or pic/vid channel like many other fans do:
http://www.facebook.com/Eonon.Official
Eonon Photo Channel

Btw, it seems some guys wanna know more about screen mirroring function. Would you kindly take a video about the function? That will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much again!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 11-22-2013 at 09:47 AM.
post #67 of 99 Old 11-22-2013, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Good to hear you guys are getting all the problems out the way, I should have a very easy install, lol.

I'm on my waY to nissan to hopefully find the right dash kit.

68260-JA00A is for Manual Climate control

68260-JA02A is for Bose with Nav

I gotta find the one in the middle.

2010 2.5 SL

My Ride Thread
post #68 of 99 Old 11-22-2013, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Garage
I'm pretty sure something in my wiring must be screwed up on my steering wheel controls on the actual car. It's been so long since I've used them, not sure at the moment.

A little feedback Carlos. Is there anyway to adjust the sensitivity and clarity of the bluetooth phone system? It plays perfect inside the car, but the person on the other end hears a ton of static, and can barely understand me.

PM me for Overlay or Projector Retrofits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
post #69 of 99 Old 11-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Vision Quest

So BestBuy won't install it unless they sold it
and Car Toys said 400 when I explained to him he was crazy he went down to 280....still not an option.

Looks like a might need a dremel, or a non big business installer. Fock
post #70 of 99 Old 11-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Vision Quest

Well I called my next closest Best Buy and they said they could do it?? Odd how a big box store like that would have different operations in different locations but anywho.
It's getting installed on Friday which I just realized is Black Friday so maybe they can sell me a speaker for cheap.
post #71 of 99 Old 11-24-2013, 11:38 PM
SILVUR METUL JAKUL

!!! Best buy is on the left! (0f course). IMO, I think It may be the manager at the best buy? Once u got radio in, maybe ask them why the other best buy wouldn't install.....after being key word here. Make sure u program ur steering wheel controls b4 u leave that bay...... page 8 in manual. its pretty easy.....just press start... and starting with the wheel, long press source.....then tap the button that matches the source button on the head unit. finish all the buttons u need (I just have the 5....power, 2 channels, and 2 vol) without taking longer than about 3 seconds in between any of them.....then press end......literally 20 secs to do. also check ur radio staion signal strength. mine isn't the best and its a lil bothersome. so just a heads up everyone! I still like it tho......a lot!
post #72 of 99 Old 11-24-2013, 11:55 PM
17MaxPlat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty View Post
So BestBuy won't install it unless they sold it
and Car Toys said 400 when I explained to him he was crazy he went down to 280....still not an option.

Looks like a might need a dremel, or a non big business installer. Fock
Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty View Post
Well I called my next closest Best Buy and they said they could do it?? Odd how a big box store like that would have different operations in different locations but anywho.
It's getting installed on Friday which I just realized is Black Friday so maybe they can sell me a speaker for cheap.
Best Buy can do it. The first store prob did not want to mess with it b/c they did not get any revenue from the H/U sale. I would double check because most BBY will have their install bays closed on BF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilVuR JAkul View Post
!!! Best buy is on the left! (0f course). IMO, I think It may be the manager at the best buy? Once u got radio in, maybe ask them why the other best buy wouldn't install.....after being key word here. Make sure u program ur steering wheel controls b4 u leave that bay...... page 8 in manual. its pretty easy.....just press start... and starting with the wheel, long press source.....then tap the button that matches the source button on the head unit. finish all the buttons u need (I just have the 5....power, 2 channels, and 2 vol) without taking longer than about 3 seconds in between any of them.....then press end......literally 20 secs to do. also check ur radio staion signal strength. mine isn't the best and its a lil bothersome. so just a heads up everyone! I still like it tho......a lot!
Silvur, you not a BBY fan?

2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum
RIP 2011 Nissan Maxima SV
RIP 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

View my build thread:
https://www.nissanclub.com/forums/mem...alexander.html
post #73 of 99 Old 11-25-2013, 12:18 AM
SILVUR METUL JAKUL

Ha ha. No, I just wanted to use the flamethrower guy at the moment! but I don't really care for em. I have a friend who hangs tvs for em, so I like having my buddy hook me up, (I gets mine best buy....I gets mine!!!) but I had a bad experience with a radio install a while back. Rather give the money to a self owned well experienced custom shop especially since it was the same price as best buy!
post #74 of 99 Old 11-25-2013, 01:00 AM
17MaxPlat

Garage
Hate to hear about your experiences there. I like bby a lot and have had nothing but great stories from that place. Maybe one day you shall change your mind!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum
RIP 2011 Nissan Maxima SV
RIP 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

View my build thread:
https://www.nissanclub.com/forums/mem...alexander.html
post #75 of 99 Old 11-25-2013, 01:13 AM
Vision Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmalexander View Post

Best Buy can do it. The first store prob did not want to mess with it b/c they did not get any revenue from the H/U sale. I would double check because most BBY will have their install bays closed on BF.
Yeah the first dude didn't want to eff with it. The install price should all be profit for the store, ass u meing the install guys are hourly associates.
I called and double checked and they are installing on Black Friday so its all good.
I need to do my speaker homework in case they got a deal I can't refuse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Marketplace > VENDOR SALES & OFFICIAL GROUP BUYS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode