Plug n Play Intelligent Window Control Modules for Nissan Vehicles - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-17-2016, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Plug n Play Intelligent Window Control Modules for Nissan Vehicles

Hi, everyone!

I am selling some Plug n Play Intelligent Window Control Modules for Nissan Vehicles on eBay. There are three different versions; should cover most Nissan vehicles, but some models have not been tested. The ones listed on eBay have US stock. There are ones with less or more features available shipped from China. Just PM me or contact me on eBay for more details.

Demo video

eBay Listings:
Features:
  • Plug and Play installation, no wiring required.
  • With the factory remote, roll up, or roll down all windows, or roll down a seam for all windows to let heat out.
  • Automatically rolls up the windows when locking the car doors. If you don't want to roll up the windows, just press 'Unlock' and then press 'Lock' within 1.5 seconds.
  • Press 'Unlock'->'Lock'->'Unlock' within 3 seconds to roll down all the windows.
  • Press 'Lock'->'Unlock'->'Lock' within 3 seconds to roll down a seam for all the windows.
  • Press 'Unlock' to pause rolling up. Press 'Lock' to pause rolling down.
  • If the car did not have the feature, this module can add one touch rolling up/down each window when the key is at 'On' position. Release the main window switch within 0.5 second to activate one touch rolling up/down. Hold the switch longer to rolling up/down manually.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-17-2016, 01:16 PM
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1154 Post(s)
Nice idea, but shame the manufacturer skimped on the 'water proofing'. Seriously? A zip lock baggie? They could have potted the electronics in some epoxy and been done with it.

Nissan OEM HID, Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine Y-pipe, Strut Brace, Stillen Swaybar, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs 94-09 Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock / Lower VQ rad hose / VQ Belt Squeak /
/ Brake Job / RA 5% Discount
post #3 of 13 Old 10-17-2016, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ugmac1 View Post
Nice idea, but shame the manufacturer skimped on the 'water proofing'. Seriously? A zip lock baggie? They could have potted the electronics in some epoxy and been done with it.
I'd prefer if they can make the main unit and connectors waterproof. Not sure if that will increase the cost a lot.

In fact, I did not even use the bag when installing one in my car. I just secured the main unit to the plastic door panel and let the connector side facing down. So far so good.

Anyhow, here is how people in China do it.

post #4 of 13 Old 10-18-2016, 07:36 PM
MRR
2010 2.5 SL

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Quote:
I wish I could jump on your bandwagon, but many "marine" stereos don't even epoxy the electronics (much to my surprise). Yes, they SHOULD have epoxied this kit, but it's hard to blame them when so few other people are doing it either. Hell, we should be impressed that they included the bag.

I wonder if my Forbin remote starter would interfere with this. I just might get this and try.
post #5 of 13 Old 10-18-2016, 07:58 PM

I don't know if you've ever baggied something outdoors, but condensation does form over time (especially with freeze/thaw cycles) and tends to collect as liquid water at the bottom. So if you do go for this make sure you keep the unit at the top of the bag and allow for a drain at the bottom (or throw a bunch of silica gel packs in). For me and our winters up here...it's just to much risk to have a window stuck open at -20 for the novelty factor provided. For you southerners...could be a fun mod.

Nissan OEM HID, Morimoto bulbs/harness, RacingLine Y-pipe, Strut Brace, Stillen Swaybar, ETI LED Fogs,
BBK: PowerStop Powder Coated Calipers: M45 Front/Stock Rears w/StopTech slotted sport rotors
BOSE Headunit w/USB & BT (2012 update), Dunlop Signature HP (summer) / Blizzak WS80 (winter)

Altima FSMs 94-09 Useful posts: Bose Upgrade / Alternator / Bad Ground / Rear Brakes / TPMS Reset /
/ Spurious ABS / Audio Power / ABS Diag / Steering Lock / Lower VQ rad hose / VQ Belt Squeak /
post #6 of 13 Old 10-18-2016, 08:06 PM
MRR
2010 2.5 SL

Quote:
For you southerners...could be a fun mod.
Southerners? Where do you think western New York is? I share a lake with you.

I would think that a hermetically sealed bag could not gain any more moisture than it had to start with. Of course, that's assuming I could seal it perfectly. I'll just take your warning and consider the bag to be worse than using nothing.

If I do this mod, I'll just get some epoxy to seal everything.
post #7 of 13 Old 10-18-2016, 10:34 PM

I'm all for using it as a rain shield, just make sure air can flow to dry it out. Personally I'd be tempted to invest 10cents and use a heavy duty freezer bag, and leave the bottom open.

I'd also spend more time to ensure I'd mounted it firmly and definitively out of the way to ensure no contact could ever be made with the window glass or regulator. That would probably involve drilling some small holes in the reinforcing bar you'll find inside the door at seat level for a mounting strap/bracket.

That said, my Gen3 Alti had some pretty serious metal work holding the window regulator in place that you'd have to disconnect to get at the door lock actuator wiring. Have a look at this video for what you'd be getting into in order to install.... Not just pulling back plastic my friends...

Last edited by d0ugmac1; 10-18-2016 at 10:38 PM.
post #8 of 13 Old 10-19-2016, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
My 3.5 SR does something like this.
If I hold the unlock (I think that's it) for a few seconds, both front windows will start moving down until I let go.

I have to remember to lookup all the options or if it is just down. I think it went up also.
post #9 of 13 Old 10-19-2016, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRR View Post
I wonder if my Forbin remote starter would interfere with this. I just might get this and try.
I know some remote starter can cause lag to factory remotes. If you press one button then the remote won't respond again within 1.5 seconds, then you may not be able to use the remote to control the windows(except for the operations which only require pressing one button). However, you can still use the 'lock' and 'unlock' button of the window switches. The intelligent window module gets signals from two wires of the door lock actuator. As long as the specified signals can be received within the specified time frame, the features will work.
post #10 of 13 Old 10-19-2016, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
...So if you do go for this make sure you keep the unit at the top of the bag and allow for a drain at the bottom (or throw a bunch of silica gel packs in). ...
It does say in the manual that making sure the opening of the bag facing down.
post #11 of 13 Old 10-19-2016, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I'd also spend more time to ensure I'd mounted it firmly and definitively out of the way to ensure no contact could ever be made with the window glass or regulator. That would probably involve drilling some small holes in the reinforcing bar you'll find inside the door at seat level for a mounting strap/bracket.
The intelligent window module won't work if the main unit is mounted in a way that it would interfere with the glass moving. A double-sided foam tape is included. The main unit is usually taped to the plastic finisher.

Quote:
That said, my Gen3 Alti had some pretty serious metal work holding the window regulator in place that you'd have to disconnect to get at the door lock actuator wiring. Have a look at this video for what you'd be getting into in order to install.... Not just pulling back plastic my friends...
For the cars which the window modules are intended for, mostly it just involves removing the plastic door panel. The door lock actuator is easily accessible behind the dust film.

Here is a pictorial. It's in Chinese though.

How to remove door panels for
and
Altima.
post #12 of 13 Old 10-19-2016, 03:05 PM

My point was 07-12 Altimas, and many other NIssans of that vintage don't have that plastic film...they have a steel plate held on by a dozen bolts with all the window crap bolted to it. I wanted my Altima forum members to understand the level of complexity to get inside the door cavity to mount the box and access the door latch wiring.

post #13 of 13 Old 10-19-2016, 03:50 PM
MRR
2010 2.5 SL

Quote:
My point was 07-12 Altimas, and many other NIssans of that vintage don't have that plastic film...they have a steel plate held on by a dozen bolts with all the window crap bolted to it.
Oh yeah, I remember that. What a remarkable pain to deal with. I don't even remember why I had to deal with it, I just remember that I removed bolts that I should have left in place and it was a horrible trial to put it all back together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Marketplace > VENDOR SALES & OFFICIAL GROUP BUYS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode