The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that the 3.5 is quick with 6.28sec but I cant find the stats for the 2.5?

·
Future Z Driver
219 Posts
Nissan estimates around 8.5 sec for the automatic, so I would guess mid- to high-sevens for the manual. I haven't seen any independent test numbers yet.

·
Future Z Driver
219 Posts
Where did you get the Spec-V time? That seems too slow given its power and light weight. People have been estimating mid- to high-sixes for the Spec-V.

·
Registered
184 Posts
ser

Latest test in Car and Driver. Maybe it was 7.1 but it did not break the 6 second barrier. It was exactly the same speed in the quarter as the new 180 hp Jetta 1.8T.

Afty said:
Where did you get the Spec-V time? That seems too slow given its power and light weight. People have been estimating mid- to high-sixes for the Spec-V.

·
Future Z Driver
219 Posts
Oh man, you're right! I haven't received my Oct. Car and Driver but the review is in there. It's 7.4 sec 0-60 and [email protected] mph in the 1/4-mile. You have to remember that the Sentra's 6-speed makes for an extra gear change going 0-60, which adds to the time. It spanked all the other cars 5-60 and especially in the road course, though.

·
Banned
48 Posts
Afty said:
Oh man, you're right! I haven't received my Oct. Car and Driver but the review is in there. It's 7.4 sec 0-60 and [email protected] mph in the 1/4-mile. You have to remember that the Sentra's 6-speed makes for an extra gear change going 0-60, which adds to the time. It spanked all the other cars 5-60 and especially in the road course, though.
Don't forget that the test mule was a heavily used (and no doubt ABUSED) pre-production model. I'm saving final judgment til a full production model is tested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We all know that the 3.5 is quick with 6.28sec but I cant find the stats for the 2.5?
Lol.. 6.2 seconds??
You must not have seen the 3rd gen 3.5 SE
I'm hitting 5.3 in my silver 2003 and about 5.6 in my black 2006
Stock is 5.9 seconds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts