The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
upward spiral
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just browsin and noticed that theres been quite an increase in guys with 2.5 gens...just wonderin how many of you guys got an 00-01, and what u got done...

·
they call me the butcher
2,098 Posts
im confused 2.5 gen
i have a 2001 gxe-l
is that what ur refering to

·
Retired MòDÉrâTòR
825 Posts
1st gen = Pre 97
2nd gen = 98-99
2.5 gen = 00-01
3rd gen = 02-??

·
they call me the butcher
2,098 Posts
thanks i was confused

·
1,894 Posts
I have a 2k. I only have a system and tints so far. Suspension and rims coming in the spring. Maybe some TV's and/or new system too. :)

·
Official Troll
3,031 Posts
2001 SE with everything, including auto (sorry guys)

The only things I've done were...
1) upgraded the 9007 headlight harness with the ones from NissanLunatic to run my 80/100 watts bulbs
2) added real crossovers (not inline) and tweeters to the factory stereo.... made a component stereo system
3) replaced the recalled Firehawks with Dunlop SP5000's asymetric
4) soon to come.... euro clear side markers for the fenders

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
2000 GXE with OBX WAI (thanks alex) and 15" firehawk tires (replaced affinity's)

·
*Honorary Member* I'm BaCk WiTh A 2nD GeN !
802 Posts
i also have 2001 alty .. gxe-le .. ill be posting pics what i have done to it in a week so .. wait and see how it looks , i just bought it like a 2 months ago .. =) ... i hope you guys will like it .. .. later .. :p

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
2001 SE. Just started driving it again. No mods because I don't know if I'm going to keep it. If I do, it will be a sleeper.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
15,220 Posts
kenshi said:

There's a bunch of changes from 98-99 and 00-01. Don't you think it needs some kind of differentiation?
not a many changes as you think, and most stuff available does fit both 98-99 and 00-01. but hey.. you want to add another number, go ahead.. seems the 98s-99's aren't good enough your the young-uns now.. :D

·
Dreamer
665 Posts
2001 Altima SE "5SPD" :D

Have intake, a nice system, and thats it ;)

Gonna get tint, springs, and powdercoating rims soon. What out guys :D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Besides suspension upgrades, Nissan counts 61 changes. Granted most are minor, but they say there are 11 engine hardware changes alone.

·
No more pomegranite boobs
1,081 Posts
while we're on the subject of 2nd and 2.5 gen alti's, does the spoiler from either one fit on a 98?
thanks...

·
No more pomegranite boobs
1,081 Posts
I have a friend who has the same exact car (color and all - but unintentional) as me, but her's is a 99 and mine is a 98. She claims the dealer told here there are like 25 differences between our models, but I could not find one that was visible...
Am I missing something!?
I would like to refute her claim as I feel less of a man for having a car that's 1 year older.
<kidding>

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
15,220 Posts
see this is another reason to keep it at 2Gen... now newbies will ask does this fit does this fit... why add more confusion? While no one doubts differences, in all reality, most 98-99 stuff fits 00-01, and if it doesn't chances it needs minor modding like the headlights...

as for the spoiler, yes it will fit.. so will the taillights.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts