The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Ive tried searching the threads about this but i havent been able to find anything in regards to it. I've been intouch with some tuning companies about the engine mounts for the 240sx (custom ofcourse, not stock).

2 questions: First, has anyone succesfully tried ordering a mount for the 240sx and installing it into a '01 altima gxe. The engine specs are the same so i dont see it being too big of an issue.

Second, does anyone off-hand know the dimensions of the '01 altimas gxe rear and side motor mounts?

Any help at all would be great. this is the first step in a larger project.

·
Retired 2nd Gen'er.
3,753 Posts
The 240sx is a RWD car. The Altima is a FWD car.

They are both KA24DE's, but the motor is positioned in the engine bay in each car in the complete opposite way.

The motor mounts are completely different.

You can even do (or could of) a quick search of Autozone or Rockauto, etc. for motor mounts for each car and see this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok cool thanks for the quick update. that slipped my mind. if i wanted to swap the motor mount, what would you recommend?

·
Retired 2nd Gen'er.
3,753 Posts
No problem.

I would suggest looking into customizing the OEM mounts. As in, replacing the OEM rubber bushing with a solid bushing. Thats really going to be your only option. Besides there weren't many aftermarket motor mount options for these cars in the first place. The only brand that comes to mind is Place Racing, and finding a set of their motor mounts these days would literally be finding a needle in a haystack.

Your best bet would be to try and get in contact with Red Lion. He's on this forum, he makes motor mount bushings for our cars. I would suggest doing some searching.

On my old car, I sent him my original beat up & ripped up OEM front motor mount and he replaced the rubber with a solid nylatron bushing. On my Alty I had a custom JWT solid rear motor mount, and I had the one Red Lion did for me in the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts