The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my friend has a stock 01 Celica GT auto. He wants to race me. I got a stock 01 Altima SE 5spd. Do I stand a chance? Thank you for your time :D

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
1,131 Posts
It should be a good race.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think it will be a close race. The 2001 Celica GT is a sleek car but does not have the power the GT-S has...I think it only has 140 hp and around 125 torque. The Celica GT does have the weight advantage. I've driven the 2001 GT and it's not as fast as you would think, at least not the auto. I think you have a good chance with a manual...good luck! :)

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
I think you have a better chance since you got an auto, his car weighs a lot less than yours but you can take him with 15hp more and manual.

·
SHaWN OwNZ YoU
97 Posts
dude

celica gt suck balls and even worse the auto is a girl car why did your friend do that for? you should kick his *ss for buying a girlie car and trying to race it... some people just dont know... altima 5spds are pretty quick so i hope you can take that car.
Shawn

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
Re: dude

bigred said:
celica gt suck balls and even worse the auto is a girl car why did your friend do that for? you should kick his *ss for buying a girlie car and trying to race it... some people just dont know... altima 5spds are pretty quick so i hope you can take that car.
Shawn
This is how you know what celica it is. Look at driver, girl=GT guy=GT-S

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Even thought the weight is in his favor....you have two things going for you called torque and 5speed shifting.Good luck bro.

·
Registered
80 Posts
theres no way in hell any guy i know would buy a celica gt...... It just doesn't make any sense. a gt-s is a different story but a gt?? it should still be a close race though. keep us posted and tell us how it goes

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am gonna race him later today, I'll tell you want happens.

Oh and he really regrets buying a Celica GT now :D He is going to sell it to his brother and get himself a Sentra SER.....stick shift of course :cool:

·
coffee black and egg whit
2,745 Posts
RPMK104 said:
I am gonna race him later today, I'll tell you want happens.

Oh and he really regrets buying a Celica GT now :D He is going to sell it to his brother and get himself a Sentra SER.....stick shift of course :cool:

arent se-r's stick only??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts