The Nissan Club banner

Are you interested in the AUX input cable with the "audio sensing circuit"?

• Interested and would probably purchase in the near future.

Votes: 59 81.9%
  • Not interested

Votes: 13 18.1%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know, I am selling the the AUX input cable that hooks into the DIN connector on the back of the bose or non-bose head unit. Link is here http://www.virtualoutlook.net/Products/din1.htm

Currently a switch is needed to switch the head unit into and out of AUX mode. I am in the process of designing an "audio sensing circuit". This way, when the AUX device is sending an audio signal(whenever its powered on), then the radio will go into AUX mode automatically without the need for the switch. When the AUX unit is powered off, the radio will come out of AUX mode.

I am trying to justify the cost of the design. The company that is designing the circuit is charging me a small fortune. Therefore I am trying to gauge the amount of people that would be interested.

Please take the poll if you are interested or not. Many thanks!

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
I have a similar question: I have a Sony CDX70. There are 3 types of Sources: AUX/RADIO/CD. I want to know what is the feature of the AUX Mode and what I can do with it. Are these cables anywhere related to this part of my system.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DesiEGO said:
I have a similar question: I have a Sony CDX70. There are 3 types of Sources: AUX/RADIO/CD. I want to know what is the feature of the AUX Mode and what I can do with it. Are these cables anywhere related to this part of my system.
You must have the CDX-MP70?
If you do not have the stock bose or non-bose head unit, this is not related to your system.

The AUX source on your Sony head unit is for:
"Auxiliary Input: Stereo RCA preamp inputs are hardwired to the back of the unit on a 9" lead, allowing you to connect a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. You can adjust the level of the auxiliary input from -6dB to +6dB in 1dB increments."

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
VirtualOutlook said:
You must have the CDX-MP70?
If you do not have the stock bose or non-bose head unit, this is not related to your system.

The AUX source on your Sony head unit is for:
"Auxiliary Input: Stereo RCA preamp inputs are hardwired to the back of the unit on a 9" lead, allowing you to connect a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. You can adjust the level of the auxiliary input from -6dB to +6dB in 1dB increments."
Sweet, that really makes sense now, wow thats a good option to have even though I wouldn't use it ever just cause I have a Sony CD-757MPX changer plus the CD-MP70 which is a mp3 player as well and of course I don't listen to cassette at all..........but its good to know !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DesiEGO said:
Sweet, that really makes sense now, wow thats a good option to have even though I wouldn't use it ever just cause I have a Sony CD-757MPX changer plus the CD-MP70 which is a mp3 player as well and of course I don't listen to cassette at all..........but its good to know !!!!!!!!!!

lol, you didn't know you had that option. You have XM radio controls to you know. Seems like your radio does it all.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
VirtualOutlook said:
lol, you didn't know you had that option. You have XM radio controls to you know. Seems like your radio does it all.
I did know the part that with AUX I can hook up other stuff but I just didn't know how and for sure or not, but yes I did know it had XM Radio controls.........Thank a lot man !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
60 views and only 3 people participated in the poll.

Thanks to those that participated. I really would like everyone to participate. I think this could be a really great add-on to the already great AUX input cable. I just need to know if there are a fair amount of people that might be interested sometime in the future.

Post your opinions here too, if you have any. Thanks all!

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
Interested!!!

Thinking of getting an XM radio, I'd love to have it play through without FM modulation.

How do you currently operate the Aux input with that cable?

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
I'll sticky this for a couple of weeks. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Interested!!!

SgtBaxter said:
Thinking of getting an XM radio, I'd love to have it play through without FM modulation.

How do you currently operate the Aux input with that cable?
The AUX input is currently operated with a toggle switch. You turn the switch on and the radio goes into "AUX" mode. Turn it off and the radio comes out of "AUX" mode.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
dude how those the bose radio reconize that the signal is an aux.... Those this mode comes already on the bose system from faactory or do we need a module to input this signal in the head in system? if so why didnt nissan gave it a aux input and control on the keypad............... but it sounds like a great idea..... Circuit City and all audio shop only want to deal w RF signals and dont really want to put their hands on the actuall head in unit.... but if this unit will work the way u say it will i m pretty intersted. We will be able to add not just one , but many other source of audio,.... dvd, playstation(if u want to keep them seperated), sattelite radio and pretty soon sattelite tv!!!!! keep us inform of when u will be creating that circuit for automatic signal reconigtion

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
albertz said:
dude how those the bose radio reconize that the signal is an aux.... Those this mode comes already on the bose system from faactory or do we need a module to input this signal in the head in system? if so why didnt nissan gave it a aux input and control on the keypad............... but it sounds like a great idea..... Circuit City and all audio shop only want to deal w RF signals and dont really want to put their hands on the actuall head in unit.... but if this unit will work the way u say it will i m pretty intersted. We will be able to add not just one , but many other source of audio,.... dvd, playstation(if u want to keep them seperated), sattelite radio and pretty soon sattelite tv!!!!! keep us inform of when u will be creating that circuit for automatic signal reconigtion
The cable and switch is necessary to input an aux audio signal into the head unit. You can pretty much input any audio signal into the head, like you said.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
johnmann said:
Depends on the price. I want the aux, I don't want to install a switch though.
Not sure of the price yet, depends on how many people are interested, and design cost.

I hear you about the switch, thats why I am really excited to make this circuit. It will be cosmetically better and a lot easier to control the AUX

·
Registered
4 Posts
i already bought the switch from you,by the way i didn´t recived it yet,but im also interested in the automatic one,greetings from mexico!!!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aeroibanez said:
i already bought the switch from you,by the way i didn´t recived it yet,but im also interested in the automatic one,greetings from mexico!!!!!
Alex, its shipping out tomorrow.

·
Banned
559 Posts
One of the reason i didn't get the cable was because of the switch problem, but if you make this and it work properly and sell it for a reasonable price i will most likely purchase this item, so i suggest you make it and test it and also if possible provide some sound clips of the cable in action so this will persuade me to buy it, thanks!

·
Banned
559 Posts
???- so when i power up the dvd player the bose head unit will itautomatical turn off and the dvd player will go on? I mean will the bose system be off entirely to which i am not able to control the volume or just the radio, but i'm able to control volume and the levels(eg bass, treble etc)?

·
Registered
114 Posts
so does the current cable come with the external switch? and if so, would the new version just automatically come with the auto switch, or is the switch a separate item in each case?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
dude once u finish that product w automatic signal reconition count me i ll get one from u .......... good idea should sell it to bose or nissan............... good job

1 - 20 of 61 Posts