The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm trying to find a good engine to swap out my QR25DE with. I've read a couple threads in various forums and I've seen suggestions about the SR20DET and the KA24DE. What engine would give me the most bang for my buck? I'm not partial to the previous 2 engines listed, those were just the only 2 that I saw

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I also wanted to convert it to a RWD. How difficult would that be with the QR25?
Well, pretty much anything is possible with enough time, and money.

However, were I going to do that much work I would look into a Ford ecoboost V6, or even a Coyote V8 swap.

I have built three VQ25 engines, and while that don't make me an expert I can tell you that after building many domestic racing engines that the VQ25 is a very well built block.

You see the bottom main caps are all one piece which is much more stable than a conventional two piece individual main cap.

Swap the rods out for a set of Eagle H beams, and a set of forged pistons of your choice [maybe around 9.5:1], and strap on a turbo, and have fun.

Also, remember this. IF you try to go with rear wheel drive, think of all of the cars you can buy cheap that already have rwd, or even awd.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, pretty much anything is possible with enough time, and money.

However, were I going to do that much work I would look into a Ford ecoboost V6, or even a Coyote V8 swap.

I have built three VQ25 engines, and while that don't make me an expert I can tell you that after building many domestic racing engines that the VQ25 is a very well built block.

You see the bottom main caps are all one piece which is much more stable than a conventional two piece individual main cap.

Swap the rods out for a set of Eagle H beams, and a set of forged pistons of your choice [maybe around 9.5:1], and strap on a turbo, and have fun.

Also, remember this. IF you try to go with rear wheel drive, think of all of the cars you can buy cheap that already have rwd, or even awd.
I'll probably go with that just to see what I can do with the engine. I appreciate the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts