The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just a Drummer!!
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
02 Altima's go with OEM windshield replacement!!

I just wanted to pass this along. I had my windshield replaced Monday and let me tell what a hassle it was.
I called a local glass co. here in Phoenix and got a quote. I had originally requested the Carlex OEM replacement glass as it was only 45 dollars more than an aftermarket piece. They told me that the LOF and PPG products were just as good and said I could save some money. I took their word on it and let them install what they had. What a nightmare this turned out to be.
The first one was made by PPG and appeared to be ok but when I left the shop I heard this strange noise which I thought was the glass moving around but it turned out to be the headliner rubbing on the glass. It sounded like Styrofoam against Styrofoam . very weird indeed. I took it back and sure as hell this piece was flawed so they took it out and put the second one in. This time they used an LOF aftermarket brand. I did notice this after I drove away that it had an optical flaw on the passenger side about the size of a golf ball and it also rubbed the headliner. I Called them and told them to order the OEM piece and for my inconvenience refund my money! I had the OEM Carlex one installed and guess what it was perfect. I did get all of my money back and they were very sorry for all of the issues I had. I am happy now and very pleased with the Glass shop.

·
Just a Drummer!!
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You did the right thing by doing that!!;)

·
Just a Drummer!!
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EDGE said:
Guess you guys got really bad chip and noone was good enough to fix it so you had them replaced
Yah mine was not a chip it had a 3 foot crack!!!:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts