The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my 02 Maxima died on me while driving and will not start back up. When i turn the ignition, it feels like it's about to start but it just wont. I've replaced both camshaft sensors as well as the crankshaft sensor. I've also replaced the IVT bank 2 sensor. When i replaced the IVT it started right up after needing a jump. I let the engine run for a lil bit and drove it a couple of blocks. Shut it off and it would not start up again. However, after a few tries with my car connected to another car via jumper cables it started only to die again while driving. Tried getting it jumped again, but didn't do the trick this time. What else could it be besides the cam and craftshaft sensors and IVT? Car sounds good when trying to start but just won't and cuts out while driving. HELP!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Recently my 02 Maxima died on me while driving and will not start back up. When i turn the ignition, it feels like it's about to start but it just wont. I've replaced both camshaft sensors as well as the crankshaft sensor. I've also replaced the IVT bank 2 sensor. When i replaced the IVT it started right up after needing a jump. I let the engine run for a lil bit and drove it a couple of blocks. Shut it off and it would not start up again. However, after a few tries with my car connected to another car via jumper cables it started only to die again while driving. Tried getting it jumped again, but didn't do the trick this time. What else could it be besides the cam and craftshaft sensors and IVT? Car sounds good when trying to start but just won't and cuts out while driving. HELP!!!!
I was just thinking that if it continues acting up you could buy the 2016 Maxima. Will replacing the battery help at all?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It actually sounds like you might have TWO problems. Have you checked the oil level? If it's low, it will create low oil pressure, and that will over advance timing on the camshaft and throw that code. The other one could just be a dead battery. I'd try your local parts store and get it load tested (and then buy a non-parts store battery).

·
Registered
40 Posts
has the alternator been tested? If the car is running on battery it will only run for a few minutes. With a fresh battery you might be able to eek out 30 minutes, with a 'just jumped' battery you might eek out a few minutes..

with the car running , use a voltmeter(set to DC) at the battery to verify you are getting around 14v to the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts