The Nissan Club banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
...until you get a boost controller, and an exhaust and a BOV and etc... ;]

Good call on the insurance...I wonder why it's so much fo the Tuscani??

·
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
AceAltima said:
...until you get a boost controller, and an exhaust and a BOV and etc... ;]

Good call on the insurance...I wonder why it's so much fo the Tuscani??
I have no clue dude.

I got insurance quotes for the Tib, RSX-S, Civic, Maxima, etc and they were all much more than I am paying now for the CL! Why the hell get into a cheaper car if I am only going to pay more for insurance? Makes no friggen sense.

·
founding father
3,241 Posts
i would think thats actually alittle high for an '02. i got my '04 with 11k on it for $19k. either way the red isn't the best color, and don't expect to save any money after you get it. the car responds to mods so well you its even more addictive than a N/A car. i should know, i've spent another $800 in the past 2 weeks on it...accessport here i come (and hopefully 245-250 at the wheels) ! but if you get it, let me and dieselclown know!

·
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah - The color.

The only two WRX's avialble to me are this red one and my frineds 03 yellow one.

I think the red is lesser of the two evils.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That car looks pretty good, but don't buy one that has been modded, you don't know how it was driven. If you can get a couple pics of the engine bay i can probably tell you if it has been modded or not.

Yes, they take very well to mods and for cheap, I am running in the mid to low 13's for a little under $1000 on perfromance mods. just watch out cause once you start modding you can't stop, and DON'T BUY AN INTAKE if you buy the car, they are bad for the car unless heavily modded (stage 4 running over 300 whp).

if you have any more questions feel free to go over to www.clubwrx.net and ask away we are pretty nice, actually all of you feel free to come and join, we are always welcome to different car owners to broaden our own knowledge to help avoid trolling.

Red looks awesome when you do the right exterior mods too it!!! and yes insurance is fricken cheap on it too.

·
I need more cow bell!
177 Posts
Good price, but not a fan of the color.
Bobby said:
Yes, I would. Fast, reliable. Don't try to mod much though, trannies have problems handling 250+hp :)
It's not the trannies,it's more the way they drive them. You can't drive them like a Honda, no cucth dropping with the WRX.That what kills them. Once you know how to slip the cucth,it's all good. I have a COBB stage 2 WITH 30K no problems at all.

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
The insurance is higher for the other cars you listed because of the group of drivers which drives them. Insurance is calculated off of stats on that car. So if they have 5 lancers, and 2 of them have an accident you have a 40% pay out. If you then have 5 CLs and 1 has an accident, you then have a 20% pay out. The next year, you wanting to make a profit as an insurance carrier, charge more for the lancer, and less for the CL. There are several other items that go into the stats, but that is just the basic idea. You also have to think about stats on injuries, severity of crashes in the vehicles, HP vs Weight ratio, age of driver (under 18, 25, etc), male or female, and on and on.

I really dont think selling a more expensive car and buying another car saves you that much $. Remember, you have to pay sales tax and other fees selling and buying the new car, normally in the thousands of dollars, which negates the difference of what you may be paying now on your old car. Of course if you just want a new car... go for it. Price is right for a WRX.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts