The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a lot of thread on this board about the different types of grilles that are out there for the 03+ Altimas but I cant make a decision about which one is better ( and I also dont know the names of the grilles). I was wondering if any one could tell me the different types of grilles. Right now I am definitely feeling the grilles that looks like the Tranz Am grille ( the one Iceman has) Can anyone help me with this subject. Which grille is the one every1 says the dealers are gonna put on the Altimas?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Ok let me just list you basically every grille option there is for the altima:

ActiveTuning Sports Grille

ActiveTuning Luxury Grille

Trenz Grille Version 1

Trenz Grille Version 2

Precision Grille

Stillen Grille

Not sure what the Tranz Am grille is? Also not sure what you mean by the grille that all dealerships are going to use....Most dealerships will keep the factory grilles. Some select dealerships do put on aftermarket grilles.

·
Banned
942 Posts
Yotaru said:
Where can you get that Trenz version 2 grille at?

ebay, they are also called the Billet Grill. I wouldnt get the Trenz 2. dealerships are offering them now as options when you buy the car. SUCKS!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here is another option for your 03 Altima, it's called the Streetscene grille:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I love the AT luxury grill But I want the nissan emblem in the middle, does anybody know how to install the Streetscene grille?
cause if it isnt hard I will order it ASAP.:D

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Nissan NyC said:
I love the AT luxury grill But I want the nissan emblem in the middle, does anybody know how to install the Streetscene grille?
cause if it isnt hard I will order it ASAP.:D
The AT Luxury Grille does come with the Nissan Emblem....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nissan NyC,

Installing the Streetscene/Stillen ($185) is a little bit involved, first you have to get the shell painted to the color of your car (about $45-55), then you have to connect the grille to the shell using the supplied clips (I drilled holes in the shell and used plastic screws instead)...afterwards, just pop it in and use the four factory screws to secure it to the frame. If you want the Nissan emblem, you'll have to buy it, I got mine from Nissan parts for $10, I went with the 02 Altima trunk badge instead of the grille badge (it sticks on very well). At the time I researched the Stillen grille (Aug-Sept 02), the AT Luxury grille wasn't in the works yet, so if I was buying one now, I would go with the AT Luxury grille, it comes with the chrome shell and badge...all you have to do is take off the factory grille and pop in the new one, about a five minute mod! BTW, if you still want to buy the Streetscene/Stillen grille, they sell it at Stillen.com and southwestautoworks.com.

·
shift_EVH
168 Posts
Stav|os said:
ebay, they are also called the Billet Grill. I wouldnt get the Trenz 2. dealerships are offering them now as options when you buy the car. SUCKS!

Yes... But if you already have the car, it's too late -- would need to buy it separately.

Also heard the dealer is charging like $300 or $400 for that grille -- could be wrong though.

Personally, the Trenz 2 is my favorite as well -- at least from pictures, have never seen one in person. My Altima is SILVER, so I think the "chrome" look works well on silver.

·
Registered
43 Posts
3.5 Stillen Edition said:
Nissan NyC,

Installing the Streetscene/Stillen ($185) is a little bit involved, first you have to get the shell painted to the color of your car (about $45-55), then you have to connect the grille to the shell using the supplied clips (I drilled holes in the shell and used plastic screws instead)...afterwards, just pop it in and use the four factory screws to secure it to the frame. If you want the Nissan emblem, you'll have to buy it, I got mine from Nissan parts for $10, I went with the 02 Altima trunk badge instead of the grille badge (it sticks on very well). At the time I researched the Stillen grille (Aug-Sept 02), the AT Luxury grille wasn't in the works yet, so if I was buying one now, I would go with the AT Luxury grille, it comes with the chrome shell and badge...all you have to do is take off the factory grille and pop in the new one, about a five minute mod! BTW, if you still want to buy the Streetscene/Stillen grille, they sell it at Stillen.com and southwestautoworks.com.
Thanks for the info, Im goin to take 1 of those AT luxury grills.

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
where can we get the precision grill from, never seen it before....
and about the AT grill... some of them look really good and some look really bad... i think its cuz of the different mesh inserts... cant really see what mesh Thai has... anyone know, i think its the oval holes???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts