The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
03 dash trim for 02 (finally installed with pics)

Went to the dealer for something else and saw an 03 altima. The trim around the radio and the a/c controls are now silver finish. I thought about replacing my trim with the silver ones but seems to be a little problem. The 02 trim from the windshield to the bottom of the radio is one piece while the 03 has seperate part for around the radio and then from the windshield to the radio. I asked the parts guy for the piece around the a/c knobs and he said that was $15. Very cheap I'd say if you just want to replace the bottem portion with the silver one. The center console is also silver on the 03 and that piece was $27. Not too bad. You could probably order the whole thing but didn't ask for the price on that.

EDIT: Thanks to everyong for pointing out the facts.

It has been established the center piece is actaully 2 pieces just like the 02.(just looks like 3 pc) It has also been established that 03 pieces will fit on 02 with no problems. Very simple job from what I hear. Following are prices on the factory nissan replacement:

Called Dave at Town North Nissan in TX and got the prices for the 03 parts. 800-251-7278 (better prices than nissanwholesaleparts)

Center Trim Panel(piece that goes from the windshield to the bottom of the radio) - $53.24 (he said it did not matter if the radio is a bose or not) BTW, you do not want the whole piece silver becuase if it was, you will be staring at the reflection of the piece while you are driving.

A/C cluster lid - $7.66 (for knobs and not auto cc)

Shifter cover - $8.18(auto)

CORRECTION: Instrument guage trim - $32.32 (he actually sold this to a guy replacing his 02 trim and did not hear back so it must fit)

Grand total for everything is $101.40+shipping for genuine nissan parts.

If that is too expensive, the shift cover and the A/C cluster lid only is $15.84. Still looks better then the 02 dash.

EDIT: mine shipped out yesterday. Will post some pics of before/after when I get them. BTW, big dash piece has changed on the 03 so that the portion above the radio matches the rest of the dash instead of being bare plastic.

OK finally got all pieces installed! I must say it give the car a classy/high-tech look. Whatever you call it it looks good! Worth the $100 IMO. Here are the pictures but it don't to justice to the real thing especially since it was dark and I had to use flash.

It took me less than 10min to pull all 4 pieces and about the same to install. Since I've done it I could probably have it removed/installed in half that time.

Old pieces:

After removal:

New pieces:

Installed:

Here are couple pic's from Jayman9207's install (Thanks for the pics):

http://www.jay-man.net/altimas.net/mycar/Dash%20Front%20View.jpg

http://www.jay-man.net/altimas.net/mycar/Dash%20Side%20View.jpg

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
ok.. forgive me for sounding so freakin stupid but i dont think i understand... i have a 02 altima se 3.5. now on an 02 altima, there are 2 parts of the center dash... One long part that covers most of the dash and the radio controls, and then there is a smaller part that is just for the heating controls....

So are you saying there is just 1 part that covers the whole center dash area for the 03? or are you saying there are 3 parts? I guess I am just not following what your saying.. Do me a favor and explain it again to me but pretend im a little 7 year old (even though sometimes i actually act like a 7 year old).. lol

Thanks man :)

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
the 02 has one piece and the 03 have 2 pieces

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
phish368 said:
ok.. forgive me for sounding so freakin stupid but i dont think i understand... i have a 02 altima se 3.5. now on an 02 altima, there are 2 parts of the center dash... One long part that covers most of the dash and the radio controls, and then there is a smaller part that is just for the heating controls....

So are you saying there is just 1 part that covers the whole center dash area for the 03? or are you saying there are 3 parts? I guess I am just not following what your saying.. Do me a favor and explain it again to me but pretend im a little 7 year old (even though sometimes i actually act like a 7 year old).. lol

Thanks man :)

Above is an '03, notice the line of seperation just below the vents, then another like of seperation just below the radio. Hence '03 center dash has 3 pieces.

Above is an '02 notice there is no seperation just below the vents, and there is one below the radio. Hence '02 center dash has 2 pieces.

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
i just went to nissans website and looked at a 360 degree view of the interior of the 03 altima and it shows 2 peices... one large peice from window to bottom of radio and 1 piece around the heating controls...

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a 03 Altima with the silver trim..

I just took the center dash apart this weekend to install my Auxilary cable to my radio

It is 2 pieces, The dash and the silver trim around the radio is 1 piece, It looks like 2 but it isnt, and the heating controls is the other piece

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Abstraxx said:
I have a 03 Altima with the silver trim..

I just took the center dash apart this weekend to install my Auxilary cable to my radio

It is 2 pieces, The dash and the silver trim around the radio is 1 piece, It looks like 2 but it isnt, and the heating controls is the other piece
Ah ok...so its actually 2 piece not 3 pice like it looks. I'm gonna stop by the dealer tomorrow and ask them how much is the dash piece from the radio to the windshield. Thanks for the pics waddy, yeah they said the piece that fits around the a/c controls was $15. If its not too much more I'm gonna order them. Hope it fits.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Found the prices from the price sheets posted elsewhere on this board. I'm sure dealer will mark them up.

Dash panel(covers down from windshield to the radio) = $56.82 w/luxury trim; 51.12 w/o.

A/C cluster = $9.17

instrument cluster lid = 30.43(not sure how easy it would be to replace)

Center console finisher(shifter cover) = $23.53 w/luxury; $10.03 w/o

For example, for the A/C cluster, I was quoted $15 from the dealer so hefty markup.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
well, the instrument cluster lid is easy to remove and switch out.........i have an 02 alty and i have all of the 03 dash pieces except for that piece around the gauges.......i got all the pieces (shifter piece, radio to window piece, and climate control piece) for free:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TweekersAltima said:
well, the instrument cluster lid is easy to remove and switch out.........i have an 02 alty and i have all of the 03 dash pieces except for that piece around the gauges.......i got all the pieces (shifter piece, radio to window piece, and climate control piece) for free:D
Excellent! at least we now know that the pieces will fit. Care to explain how you got them for 'free'?

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Dash panel(covers down from windshield to the radio) = $56.82 w/luxury trim; 51.12 w/o.

What is the difference between luxury trim and W/O the trim?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Called Dave at Town North Nissan in TX and got the prices for the 03 parts. 800-251-7278 (better prices than nissanwholesaleparts)

Center Trim Panel(piece that goes from the windshield to the bottom of the radio) - $53.24 (he said it did not matter if the radio is a bose or not) BTW, you do not want the whole piece silver becuase if it was, you will be staring at the reflection of the piece while you are driving.

A/C cluster lid - $7.66 (for knobs and not auto cc)

Shifter cover - $8.18(auto)

Instrument guage trim - $5.62 (he actually sold this to a guy replacing his 02 trim and did not hear back so it must fit)

Grand total for everything is $74.7+shipping for genuine nissan parts. not bad...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Its simple as hell...I just did it.....The molding around the heating controlls you just grip and pull carefully and it snaps out....

Then there is one screw on the upper right holding the molding around the radio/dash, Unscrew the screw, then grip the molding around the radio and the upper dash and pull towards you, it will unsnap and come off, just pull carefully so you dont break it!

·
Snows of Mauna Kea
103 Posts
Anyone have part numbers? Prefer to go to local dealer. Shipping to Hawaii is usually a deal killer.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
just so you guys know, the entire cupholder piece is different too....it's textured like the top of the 03 dash piece by the window...it's very nice...i'm gonna get me one of those too.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts