The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a chance to race one of Nissans best new V6 Max manual with I believe Stillen Exhaust and CAI...My car has a 1.3bar chip, CAI, 3in Turbo Inlet tube, 2.5in Lower Intercooler Pipe..3in Down Pipe, 3in Exhaust, and HKS BOV

Well I saw the car from behind going up Shea Blvd at the 116th St light… pulled up to the guy started to rev at him, I wanted to run one for awhile, he revved back and gave me a heads up. Lights turns green I release the clutch at 1500 and just loose traction :eek:( he takes off ahead of me, I shift to 2nd quick, still losing traction, about a car behind now I get traction, midway through 2nd now and I start to catch up… top of 2nd I’m just at his doors 3rd gear I pull away hard! 4th gear I’m 2 cars up if not more and just pulled to 110 now about 3 or so cars up. We catch the next light and he rolls down his window and to my surprise starts ranting "how did u beat me yada, yada he was really surprised. I just smiled and said I’ve got turbo he replies no shit I guess he heard the bov lol...

to whomever that is I raced if you’re on here it was a silver Max I had a red debagged Jetta lowered. Ill run u again any day! Good run

and before u all call bullshit I dynoed 2 weeks ago 226whp 246wtq still haven’t went to the track yet though

discuss on:D

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
Good kill, but you're probably more likely to find the driver at Maxima.org or ************.com

·
Banned
559 Posts
knight0119 said:
Well I got a chance to race one of Nissans best new V6 Max manual with I believe Stillen Exhaust and CAI...My car has a 1.3bar chip, CAI, 3in Turbo Inlet tube, 2.5in Lower Intercooler Pipe..3in Down Pipe, 3in Exhaust, and HKS BOV

Well I saw the car from behind going up Shea Blvd at the 116th St light… pulled up to the guy started to rev at him, I wanted to run one for awhile, he revved back and gave me a heads up. Lights turns green I release the clutch at 1500 and just loose traction :eek:( he takes off ahead of me, I shift to 2nd quick, still losing traction, about a car behind now I get traction, midway through 2nd now and I start to catch up… top of 2nd I’m just at his doors 3rd gear I pull away hard! 4th gear I’m 2 cars up if not more and just pulled to 110 now about 3 or so cars up. We catch the next light and he rolls down his window and to my surprise starts ranting "how did u beat me yada, yada he was really surprised. I just smiled and said I’ve got turbo he replies no shit I guess he heard the bov lol...

to whomever that is I raced if you’re on here it was a silver Max I had a red debagged Jetta lowered. Ill run u again any day! Good run

and before u all call bullshit I dynoed 2 weeks ago 226whp 246wtq still haven’t went to the track yet though

discuss on:D
Do you think if the max had a turbo the results would be the same??:rolleyes:

·
614 Posts
with all ur mods...it sounds like ur jetta would maybe run around a 14.1 at around 98-99 mph( i ownned a 01 1.8t jetta with a chip and intake before)......on a good day.... and thats respectable..........but u need to get a bigger turbo to beat a good maxi or alty...:D

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
people with my setup are going mid 13s @ 105ish other high 13s but mostly all are in the 13s..its jst a matter of getting traction with 240 pounds of torque at low rpms 60fts generally arent that great...

i saw u change what u said lol...my roomate is running a gt25/28 dual ball bearing on his 1.8t he pulls away pretty hard...hes in the 12s somewhere i bet... but for now im not in the mood for the up keep of the big turbo jst a few more mods and mids 13s all day wont be hard..

·
Banned
559 Posts
knight0119 said:
when i see it and race it ill let u know...
Well i'm planning to get a custom turbo for my 3.5se altima, so when i get that i should be able to beat a turbo Jetta...hehehe

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Primer said:
Well i'm planning to get a custom turbo for my 3.5se altima, so when i get that i should be able to beat a turbo Jetta...hehehe
i dont disagree

dont blow up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts