The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have an 05 that I just did the head on, did the ECM reflash and relearn at the dealer, car drives ok, but the problem is I smelled some sweetness inside, antifreeze and because I did the engine I know I had to bleed it. So I raised it on the jack got the wonder funnel going filled it half way and let it warm up, turned the heater on, revved it up to 3k for 5 minutes at a time, saw bubbles and eventually it got really hot at idle and I thought I was done. I lowered the car and removed the excess fluid from the funnel put the radiator cap on and lowered the car. I turned it on and cold air at idle. WTF!
I repeated all this 3 times and same thing. I realized that the air control module was always turning on the A/C so I read on that and found out the2 defrosts and recirculate button turn on A/C and you have to restart to shutoff. I don't know what the heck else to do this system sucks big time. I know only 05-06 have this issue. What is there that I overlooked. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi guys, I have an 05 that I just did the head on, did the ECM reflash and relearn at the dealer, car drives ok, but the problem is I smelled some sweetness inside, antifreeze and because I did the engine I know I had to bleed it. So I raised it on the jack got the wonder funnel going filled it half way and let it warm up, turned the heater on, revved it up to 3k for 5 minutes at a time, saw bubbles and eventually it got really hot at idle and I thought I was done. I lowered the car and removed the excess fluid from the funnel put the radiator cap on and lowered the car. I turned it on and cold air at idle. WTF!
I repeated all this 3 times and same thing. I realized that the air control module was always turning on the A/C so I read on that and found out the2 defrosts and recirculate button turn on A/C and you have to restart to shutoff. I don't know what the heck else to do this system sucks big time. I know only 05-06 have this issue. What is there that I overlooked. Thanks in advance.
Did you test for any leaks in the coolant system? There is rad sealant that you can put in it that will seal it if leaks are not too big.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Get it tested, however you may spend a lot of money trying to fix a problem that may not be fixable. I used to have this same problem and instead of flushing and changing the heater core ect.. I just start the car in advance in the winter.. I've done this for 5 winters and it works fine.. Cold at ide. hot air when driving.. If you can live with it.. it will save you alot of money in the bank!

Also change your cabin filter. its weird but I noticed an improvement.. easier for the air to flow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts