The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Altima, the past couple of days it has been going into kinda limp mode. It happens when I come to a stop nearly every time and won't go to normal till I've rolled thru the intersection at 5km, it will randomly do it while driving as long as I'm under 50km. Once in a while the ABS light will flicker. No other lights or codes come up. Now I also had a problem with my full level never droping (stuck float), so I figure it was the rest of the pump giving out. I replaced the fuel pump last night and it work fine. This morning however it is doing the same thing but is now giving me the po183 fuel temp sensor too high code. Did I get a faulty fuel pump? Was the fuel pump fuel even the problem? I know my charcoal/evap canister is plugged too would this be part of the issue?

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Inspect the harness connector at the fuel pump for tightness and for any oxidation on the pins. Is it still going into limp mode?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Inspect the harness connector at the fuel pump for tightness and for any oxidation on the pins. Is it still going into limp mode?
I will check for that again. Didn't notice anything when I inspected it the first time. It still goes into limp mode. ABS light has now come on and a new code PO181 for fuel temp sensor performance is also being throw. I have another pump coming in 2 days to swap incase it was a defective pump as it never threw codes before I replaced it, just the limp mode/ power loss problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was on all the was and free of any oxidation. Went to start to go to work an it just makes clicking noises now, no start, no crank. Dead batt I assume my alternator went out, just enough to lock and unlock doors. Oh well I needed the float on my pump fixed anyway so no loss there I guess. Going to call part stores soon and hopefully this is the final fix for a while.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that my battery and alternator have been replaced and have power again. The engine light still comes on when I turn it on, my one scanner say the same 2 fuel temperature sensor codes. A scanner borrowed from a friend says 3 engine codes, P1800 variable induction air control system (VIAS) solenoid value circuit, U1001 CAN communication circuit, and the P0183 Fuel temp sensor code. 3 transmission codes P1726 Electric throttle control, P0726 Engine speed input circuit range performance, and U1000 CAN communication circuit. Did my car just up and die on the inside? The limp mode issue seems to have disappeared, it runs super quiet now. The headlights and dash lights seem to flicker every minute or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts