The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
mine does the same thing, if I put a little pressure on it, on the left side especially, it squeeks. actaully I think it is below that, because if i put pressure on the dash behind it, it squeeks too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an '05 2.5 and it does the same thing. I took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't reproduce the problem. It still happens intermittently for me.

·
Unregistered User
676 Posts
I had what I thought was a rattled from the front right speaker. After trying to see if one of the kids dropped a dime or something in there the realized that it was actually a pair of sun glasses sliding around in the sunglass holder.

I often get rattles but there are easily fixed.... hot wheels cars in the rear door handles is a very popular one, and the passenger seatbelt clip rattling against the high quality plastic on the inside of the B pillar, (when the seatbelt get twisted).

After nearly a year of driving the thing on the nasty roads around here I'm grateful that she is still tight as a drum.

I know how these annoying rattles can drive one right over the edge quick! Keep taking the thing back to the dealer until its fixed, take the mechanic (preferrable) for a spin so you can point it out to them. You paid good money to drive a good car, not a rattle trap... good luck guys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
it's not the strut, its RIGHT behind the gauage cluster and it seems to happen when it wants. My right front strut is gettin replaced on thurs though, so we will see if that does anything.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I also have the same sound coming from my gauge cluster. when I push down on the left chrome ring, the sound seems to go away. Again, the sound seems to occur only sometimes.

·
2005 3.5 SE Balck MT
177 Posts
I get a rattle from under the hood on my MT 05 3.5SE when the engine is under load. ie 30mph, 4th gear givieng it some gass. A rattle comes from under the hood like a screw is loose. It drives me crazy.

I also get a ratlle form the rear driver side right behind the oh -shit handle. I jsut pinpointee it yesterdaywith my wife in teh back seat while I drove. Now all I have to do is fix it.

My car also squeaks when I get in and out of it on the driver side only. Drives me crazy. Agggg I pad a ton of money for a car that rattles nad squeaks its wy down the road.

What does it sound like when a front strut is going out. I am now periodically hearing a kind of high pitched whinning/squeaking noise too that comes when I accelerate on the driver side.

I love my car, I just hate the damn squeaks and rattles.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
SIGH... I dont know... not sure about good money for a GOOD car no more....

"astraumins"
and I... perhaps share the same rattle.... my gauges are fine. But around 1600rpm the car has this rattling sound somewhere in the engine.... dont think its pinging... supreme gas is used... any ideas????

another rattle I get is that storage bin just a bit upfront the shifter, where you put CDs in...

3rdly, my dual exhaust are not proportional, but it ain't affectiny my driving ways

finally, since the car was new, the brakes dont seem to stop that well.... my old f.ucking malibu with drum brakes were even more sensitive when they were new....

luckily its a 3.5S lease.....

·
www.saundhaus.com
34 Posts
RobMac said:
I had what I thought was a rattled from the front right speaker. After trying to see if one of the kids dropped a dime or something in there the realized that it was actually a pair of sun glasses sliding around in the sunglass holder.
I had the exact same problem. Turns out the sunglasses were rattling. A piece of foam rubber cut to fit solved the problem.

Blackie

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The "rattling" noise I've narrowed down to the gauge housing. I pushed the whole housing left and it seems to go away for a while. Although, I do have to do it every time I get in the damn car. Secondly, my dual exhaust was WAY off too. The driver side tip was too far down and to the left, so I just bent it a little bit and now they're even.....thank christ. And thirdly, I took the car to nissan last week to have it looked at. There was a "creeking" noise every time the car started to move forward. This noise also happens when I get in and out of the car. Strangly enough tho, it doesn't do it when the car moves forward from just idling, only when gas is used to move it. So they tightened the suspension and I thought it went away. But no, it's back. So now I'm going back and flipping shit.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
the only rattles i get are when the passenger seat belt is twisted.

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
I am the king of having rattles in my 02 altima.... just do a search on my name and you'll find a hell of alot of posts on this topic. Ive taken apart the whole entire interior of my car and still to this day (3 years later - bought her 10-21-01) I have the same stupid rattle in the front right dashboard area!!!!! I cant find it and it drives me insane every day! Twice when its cold!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH :angry3:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts