The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nissan altima that I recently purchased. It had a code for the crank position sensor I replaced it, but the problem still exists. It has injector pulse, fuel pressure, spark, and proper compression. It cranks strong, and almost turns on but doesn't. I don't know that I'm missing anything any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,024 Posts
This vintage of engine is super fussy about the sensor. If you didn't replace it with a Nissan/Hitachi sensor with a cylindrical metal can around the sensor...then try again with the OEM part. You should also consider replacing the cam sensor...as they should normally be replaced in pairs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so before I went out and bought new position sensors I moved the cam sensor and had someone crank the vehicle and it turned on. So I tightened the retaining bolt a bit more and it works just fine now.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,024 Posts
So you didn't check the proper torque, or by over-torqueing it, it now works? Makes sense, as you're adjusting clearance by a few thousandths...which can make or break things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a nissan altima that I recently purchased. It had a code for the crank position sensor I replaced it, but the problem still exists. It has injector pulse, fuel pressure, spark, and proper compression. It cranks strong, and almost turns on but doesn't. I don't know that I'm missing anything any help would be greatly appreciated.
I own a 2005 Nissan Altima, the same issue happened to me. I changed out the crank position senor, and still nothing. So I did some research... There are two of these sensors. The other one is called a crank shaft sensor. Usually when one goes bad the other one isn't too far behind it..Once I fixed it I didn't have that problem again. I changed them out about 8 years ago and still no issue. Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts