The Nissan Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2007 Nissan Altima
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Nissan ALtima with 131,000 miles. I was at a Red Light and went to push the gas pedal and my car would barely move. I pushed it in a parking lot and waited a few minutes and started the car back up and it drove perfect intill I stopped again. WHen pressing the gas from a complete stop it takes off very slow but once it goes its perfect. The code it was reading was " transmission fluid pressure sensor" so I took it to the shop and they changed the sensor,along with the air flow sensor and TCM. The shop calls me yesterday and tells me that it was still doing the same thing and that when he dropped my transmission pan it has metal shavings in it and that I will need a NEW CVT TRANSMISSION.My problem is that Nissan already replaced my CVT Transmission at 70, 866 miles in August 2010. Now 60,000 miles later they are already telling me I need another transmission, and of course because my car has 131,000 miles I am out of my CVT transmission warranty...ANy input on what I should do? I am a female and I dont want to get screwed over by the dealership. Is finding metal shaving in my pan automatically mean I need a new transmission?

·
Altimer
824 Posts
Shavings in the pan is not a good sign, especially since you have transmissions problems to start. The good news is CVT Altima transmissions are around in good numbers. One shop in town says he gets them day in, day out for $500. A quick search at a wrecker shows lots for between $500-$800. That's if you decide to go with a used one.

·
2007 Nissan Altima
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have searched everywhere for used and new...Used are 1,200 to 1,500 and new are 3,000 to 4,000.

·
Super Moderator
2,586 Posts
Yup, please pay attention to thread dates before posting. No need to dig up the old. If you have the same issue, research the thread and if the answer isn't found, start a new one. This one is now closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.