The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be doing a engine and trans swap on a 2009 Altima 2.5, the engine itself is still good the trans went out on it. I have a complete engine and trans out of a wrecked 09 with only 109 miles.
I try searching of any tips or videos of people who have removed both together. An i only found one video of a guy removing the engine by itself. I know i can drop the subframe and remove them from the bottom, but i am trying to avoid that after the trouble i went when i removed the trans through the bottom on my 05 3.5 altima.
I am trying to remove it through the top so if any one has successfully removed it from the top please let me know or maybe through the front end of the car?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,040 Posts
A gen3 engine swap can be done upwards, but possibly only with tranny unbolted. See this thread

https://www.nissanclub.com/forums/2...234-2002-altima-2-5-turn-over-no-start-3.html

Taking the two out together will probably require some more gymnastics with the engine lift, tip and rotate type stuff....so you'll need more than 2 hands for sure and possibly more than 1 lift. If you're doing it driveway ghetto style, the separate and lift option may be your only option if there is no hoist in your future.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an engine hoist and engine leveler. I just wanted to see if anyone has removed both engine and trans through the top instead of removing the whole subframe. I wanted to avoid separating the ones im putting in. I guess only one way to find out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i got started today on taking the car apart and from the looks of it, i should be able to slide engine and trans straight up n out. I will have to remove oil filter, crankshaft pulley, ac compressor, on the engine side and trans bracket on the transmission side. Unfortunately my 1/2 snap on went out on me right when i got started so i might take a little longer then expected.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i decided to take the risk and pull it through the top. I just had to hook up my engine leveler, which helped me out alot.
I removed the oil filter and crankshaft pulley, and the engine pretty much came straight through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts