The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if subsituting one 12" sub for two 10" subs would be the same? I'm tring to save some money on my setup, and I was looking at getting 2 Infinity Kappa Perfects(1400 peak) and a 700-800 watt amp.So my question is will one 12'(1600 peak) sound the same or close to having two 10's, and also with that one 12" what size amp would be best. I dont need to wake the neighborhood but I want to bang a little bit.

Here is the 12" sub i'm looking at:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GAfEbM71nyJ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=67700&I=108PER12VQ&o=v&a=1&cc=01&avf=Y&search=

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
no, its a completely different setup. and stop looking at "peak" numbers. by the time you send that much power to the sub, the VC's a pile of melted metal. 10s will have a different response than a single 12", ect ect. 1 12" does not equal 2 10" subs.

if you get that sub, find a good amp that does 300 watts RMS at 4 ohms. a bridged 2 channel amp might be a good way to go.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
SIR NUPE A LOT said:
Thats the thing I can save money by just getting one 12" sub, because I wont have to get a really high watt amp. The amp is basically the breaking point for me.
Invest in one good quality 12" Sub with an awesome amp and you should be really good. Go with either JBL's or Alpine's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
bud, hate to tell you, but alpine kicks infinity's ass all up and down the street.

I just went from 2 kappa perfect 12's with a kicker 1800w amp to 2 alpine type r 10's with 2 alpine 700w class d amps (one per sub) the alpines are tons better. louder, and the quality is light years ahead.

for highs I went from infinity kappa's in the doors and refrence in the back to type r's in the doors and s's in the back. still have the same alpine 420w 4 channel amp and the sound quality went through the roof.

I'd go with alpine, needles to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts