The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See, i live in Vladivostok, Russia, and almost all cars here are japanese imports. Mine also. And its a '93 Bluebird, identical in this generation to altima (after 97 the cars are totally different), only for Japan market... i got the simplest possible version, the only factory option installed is the automatic transmition, and a CD player, no power windows, no sunroof, no spoiler... but still its very enjoyable, 1.6 carburated 97hp engine, of course, doesn't make it a Supra, but actually in the city traffic ive never felt as a looser! And it steers perfectly (as if y'all dont know!)!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I can't imagine having only 97 hp in my boat... what's 0-60... 22 secconds?

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
I cant stand the slowness that I feel after I switch from the 290hp+ gtp to the altima with its 155hp/tq....I cant imagine going down to 97hp! Is that what a civic feels like I guess?
But good info...I didnt even know Nissan ever produced motors that small(in the 90s at least).
Pics please!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pics will be here!

Mom and dad went camping for holidays and took my cam..well the car is in pretty good shape, for my granny, but I need new wheels, paint, and a bodykit... but i don't know whether doing all this is rational! i mean, i saw a 96 model, attesa, sr20de for sale, only 3000$, and there is a chance of ordering from Japan so called Bluebird SSS Attesa LTD, which has SR20det... i dont know... maybe modding mine is useless... at least the mechanical part, i mean, what can you really do with GA16, carburator.. at least for reasonable price... but my cars pics will be ready soon, and as soon as it happens - you ll see them! actually exterior is almost the same, only badges differ... And the color... i hate the color! its white, but not exactly, its rather beige. You wont see that on fotos, but finding a door or a bumper, for it in this stock color is VERY hard around here... And another problem is the body kit itself... In Vladivostok you can buy anything! For Corollas, Civics, Accords, Camrys, 200sx,180sx, Sentras(Pulsars here) and many many other not known outside japan(And Vlad-City :))... NOTHING FOR MY CAR! i scrolled through this site's info and decided to order Kaminari bodykit, but i dont know the shipping price to Russia, and its possible to pay around 2k with the kit price around 800... And speaking of 97hp: of course its slow... but the milage is something like 8-9 liters, and its the only positive moment. By the way, lets share info mutually! I couldn,t find anything about what were Altimas in stock( i mean engines, opts, versions) :(...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I lived In Moscow all my life and never ever saw any modified cars. Not even imports ( at least not on the roads. ) It kind of makes sense. The roads are so bad that it's not even worth doing any modifications. You're an enthusiast in Russia, if you know how to keep your car from falling apart. But yeah, post some pics. I'd love to see the car.

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
gregz said:
By the way, lets share info mutually! I couldn,t find anything about what were Altimas in stock( i mean engines, opts, versions) :(...
93-01 had ka24de's for motors (2.4l n/a cast iron block, aluminum head)
models are
xe-base, probably like yours
gxe-step up, power window/locks and other options avalible
gle-"luxury"
se-sport, could get lsd in 93-94
can get an auto or manual tranny.

·
Registered
318 Posts
sup welcome to the bord freaky stuff dude 1.6 AAHHHH to slow and i was born in Ukrain back in the hammer and sycal days. try to get the sss with the sr20DET i'd go crazy with a 97 HP LOL i go crazy with my 150HPi've driven cars with 200-300+HP and i got to say the more power the funner the ride

·
I'm the drunk member
1,196 Posts
to Gregz: dla teba bydet namnogo vigodnee vzat to chto imeet sr20det, a s etim daze vozitsa nestoit, razve chto smenit na sr20det no eto yze bydet dorogo stoit'

to Ser_Zone when did u leave moscow? Now ppl try to mod everything and they even have all types of track racing and street racing going on constantly, atleast roads r better then in Canada.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Too many offs for one post

Off: To Serg_zone :What are you talking about? I bet you've never even been to russia and only saw some stupid movie where poor russians in furcoats with beard sit in church hiding from bears on the streets and suffering major losses from constantly drunk mafia Riding around in De Villes with AKs stuck out of windows! I mean no offense, but i just don't like stereotypes, and people saying things they dont have a clue about. If it interests anyone, i can post or e-mail pics of vladivostok at night, and the "total lack" of Skylines, Silvias,200sx,300zx,350z, just like RX7, integras, supras,soarers, and any other overmodded japanese(and not only) iron you know, all standing on the oads so bad, that their stupid owners (probably were drunk, ha?) have bodykits a couple cantimeters high of the ground. now, i'm not saying we have something like german autobans here everywhere, the roads are worse then in western europe, or us, for example, but not dramaticaly. i've lived in RI, travelled with my parents by car through
all east coast and to Canada, so i know what i'm talking about! Do you?
To chuck34gboro : thanks... the worst thing is that all this was useless.. all they achieved is uncontrolled and often not fair hate to ALL chechens...and, of course, someone got a lot of cash for this..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts