The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I picked up my alty this morning, 05 3.5se white on black, dam it's fast!...couple things- I wished the steering wheel controls would be illuminated at night so u can see what the hell you're doing!!
Also mine came with a hood deflector and I just learnt first hand that it's a bitch to close the hood after it's opened!!! took me half hour to close the dam thing, that's after some heavy slamming!! anyone else experience these problems??

·
Registered
989 Posts
it takes a fairly good slam to get a hood to close man...
also if its brand new don't drive it hard, having a hood thats tough to close will soon be the least of your concerns when you start burning oil for not breaking it in right :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problem with my hood.................the easiest was i find to close it is to not slam it but just lay it down and push on it.........Congrats on the new buy! :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
hahaah yeah lol hahahah ibi2 is the most durable fiberglass on the planet! it can fly 20 feet in the air, bounce infront of my car, spin over my car, hit the ground, and have a mini van swerve around it almost causing a multi vehicle car accident.

that sideskirt has a story behind it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok fellas pardon my ignorance but what do u mean by breaking in the engine? how fast should I be going with the new engine? at how many clicks is it considereed "broken in"?

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
romey said:
ok fellas pardon my ignorance but what do u mean by breaking in the engine? how fast should I be going with the new engine? at how many clicks is it considereed "broken in"?

drive it easy. don't floor it nor see "what the car can do" on the road. just drive conservatively for the first 1500KM's.

don't exceed the maximum posted speed, and vary your speed so you aren't driving at a constant speed. ie. on the highway drive at 95 for a while, then up to 100then down to 90 etc...

don't forget to break in your break pads too!

·
Registered
989 Posts
and the clutch if its a manual... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts