The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently got a couple of fairly deep scratches on my Sheer Silver Altima :( and want to get it professionally done. I was wondering if 1 Day Paint and Body is a good choice to repair my scratch and if they could match my sheer silver color.

BTW: I reside in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California.

Thanks in advance,
APinon

·
SUCK MY HAIRLESS GONADS!
3,292 Posts
god damn don't take it to a 1 day shop! you pay for what you get. maaco sucks ass. a guy took his civic there and paid 700 for the entire car to be painted yellow. looks like total ass. please don't do it. save a little more and get it done right!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to try to level the scratch out myself since places were giving me estimates from $238 - $400 for tiny, although deep scratches. They wanted to repaint my entire bumper when the damage was dong to only like 1% of it. One place advised that if I level it out, I should be able to buff it out with glaze at a car wash or something.

Thanks for your responses,
APinon

·
Small Units lives in Ohio
716 Posts
APinon said:
I decided to try to level the scratch out myself since places were giving me estimates from $238 - $400 for tiny, although deep scratches. They wanted to repaint my entire bumper when the damage was dong to only like 1% of it. One place advised that if I level it out, I should be able to buff it out with glaze at a car wash or something.

Thanks for your responses,
APinon
Here is my suggestion for leveling out a scratch.

Step 1: Place a small amount of touchup paint to entire affected area.

Step 2: Use FINE sandpaper (2000 Gritt) and dip it into water, and sand it down till it is level.

Repeat Step 1 and 2 as many times till you get it completed. Take 3M poishing compound and work that bad spot out.

·
Illest in Nebraska
3,097 Posts
APinon said:
I have recently got a couple of fairly deep scratches on my Sheer Silver Altima :( and want to get it professionally done. I was wondering if 1 Day Paint and Body is a good choice to repair my scratch and if they could match my sheer silver color.

BTW: I reside in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California.

Thanks in advance,
APinon
If these scratches are through the paint, they will have to sand, possibly prime, paint and blend. Any place you take the car to should be painting in a booth, Most of the time these booths have heating. This cures the paint, if not heated the paint should cure for a good 3 hours before driving the car.

If you take it to a place that takes more than a day then your card does nothing but sit. Meanwhile it could be sitting in your garage.

The brand of paint they use will have the code listed, and how to mix it. Done right it will match, however silver is a hard color to match perfectly.

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
there is a shop in my city that does good work, but they are fixing some minor rust and fixing some light scratches on my car, charging me like 75 bucks cash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts