The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is running 100 octane fuel good for my alty? I was told that it burns cleaner and hotter, but I am not sure if it might burn too hot and mess up my internals.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
The higher octane debate has been discussed time and time again. Basically, stick to what your car needs and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
altimahalic said:
Is running 100 octane fuel good for my alty? I was told that it burns cleaner and hotter, but I am not sure if it might burn too hot and mess up my internals.
Gasoline with a high octane rating ignites at a higher temperature than gas with a lower rating. It doesn't burn hotter or cleaner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
higher octane fuel wont give any noticeable power to your car. the advantage is for people with big cams and dyno tuned timing. higher octane fuel takes longer to burn so it prevents detonation and can also give more power since it takes longer to burn, if the timing is perfect. instead of an instant explosion, it burns just a little longer and continues to push the piston down as it combusts. BUT, it wont help much on your car and it usually costs too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.