The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello mates, i'm the owner of a small family owned shop in Texas. We are currently working on building a 1000hp, AWD, lifted 2009 nissan quest. we build and repair vehicles all day for customers but decided our shop van needed to be upgraded. Just posting it on here to see what everyone thinks. The work has already began and a custom lifting set up is in the works to lift that bad boy enough to run 32inch tires which is enough to give this van a completely different look, next we will be working on the AWD system, then turbo and brake upgrades. All and all should be a fun project for the team and will be awesome to show off once its done at local events.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,734 Posts
Just and cut and paste them direct from your PC's clipboard into your post. Works like a hot damn!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a cool project! I've had lots of good luck with pic hosting on imgur.
It will be a challenging one. From building the custom lift kit to fit the modified subframes that are gonna fit the AWD system, all while lifting the body itself another 3 inches to clear the 32 inch tires that will be mounted on 17inch rims to clear the bigger brakes. The custom turbo kit to feed and power the 1000 hp build is a whole beast on its on and building the transmission to deliver and handle that will be just as fun. On the engine management side the team and I are still debating between uprev or Haltech, and on the interior we have decided to rip the carpet out, clean and mold the floor and spray lizard skin all on the inside flooring to make clean up easier when we take the van out with our kids. So far on the body modifications the body will be remaining stock, besides the roof rack and possibly a front bumper of a sort to mount a winch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just and cut and paste them direct from your PC's clipboard into your post. Works like a hot damn!
thanks, so all the pics right now are on my phone. but I will definitely be posting the pics sometime next week if not the end of this week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NEW UPDATE, rear spacers are built. We are currently working on the front 3 inch adapter plates and the 2 inch body lift spacers to give us the clearance to run the AWD set up. Will post pics soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We started with the lift kit, we are gonna do a 3 inch lift kit with a 2 inch body lift. Keep in mind these are the prototypes and the final products will be powder coated and cleaner cut with CNC. Here is the rear 3 inch spacers to lift the rear, the final product will have a 3-5 inch lift option. For now we just ceramic coated the spacers to prevent rust.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next we moved towards the front suspension, decided to lift the front from the lower strut mount and not the upper do to the fact the lower mount gives better clearance to run bigger tires while a upper strut lift only really lifts the body higher and the lower spring seat doesn't move in height at all to clear the tires. Mounts where made and a bracket was made for the endlinks to clear the sway bar from hitting the inner tie rods, on the final set up we will be making adjustable custom endlinks but for the time being to work out the kinks this quick fab will work. The brackets do have oval notches in the center and upper hole to allow for camber adjustments.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is how it sits now with a before and after comparison. The vehicle is aligned back to factory specs and drivers great, has 95 miles on the kit and no issues so far. I will be driving this van in the next week to Arizona to pick up another vehicle i just bought a 64 VW karmann ghia, super excited. Then once back we will work on the new endlinks and the 2 inch body spacers.
IMG_5787.jpg
image0 (8).jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0 (7).jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also the tires are on order they will be 32inch tires, and we will be adding a 1 inch wheel spacers to compensate for the added width of the tires to give enough clearance and no rubbing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts