The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
The Choc Boy Wonder
2,451 Posts
Fubar said:
This is the dumbest post I have ever seen... There is never a need to travel regularly at speeds over 115....

The dealer will laugh you out of the place....

I phucking agree with ya, dude needs to be bitched slapped right outta the dealer

phucking noobs i tell, there should be a ten commanments rule for such IGNORANCE

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i sorta like the idea of my car being able to top out at its absolute maximum speed if i ever needed it(which will probably never happen), but i also agree with the idea of it being totally unneccesary to go any faster than 90.(my car has not even seen 75 yet)

·
Registered
63 Posts
NBTX05Altima said:
I live right on I35 and have the luxury of traveling at autobahn speeds between San Antonio and Austin on a regular basis, so this limiter really sucks!

BTW, I've driven on actual German autobahns, and even the Germans aren't crazy enough to drive at those speeds.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
As far as the German Autobahn, there are stretches where there are NO SPEED LIMITS, meaning you can go as fast as you want providing you follow the rules of engagment, as in getting the hell Out of the way when there is somebody behind you wanting to pass, NO eating or drinking OR talking on the cell phones while driving and not making funny gentures toward others, as in banging your head or giving the finger, or mouthing out words like "are YOU stupid for driving like that, You get a TICKET in a heartbeat since those roads are monitored 24/7.

It is perfectly LEGAL to pass a COP doing 175MPH, and he wont even look at you twice, and get this accident rates are MUCH less there on those highways than here, why? cuz they roads are twice as thick, road crews fix pot holes as soon as they appear, gaurd railings are twice as thick between opposite roads, and most important of all, PEOPLE FOLLOW rules, unlike the majority of Morons who drive here.

So 115MPH is a JOKE when you compare the two countries, and of course it takes a Lot for somebody to get a driver's Lic. there than here, and cost between $1,500-2000 to get one, which says a lot of trainning goes into driving, before you actually drive a car.

·
My little champion...
4,968 Posts
lowriderman3 said:
We are talking about USA and not Germany. You are comparing apples to oranges. He is wanting to drive like that here, not in Germany, unless he is moving soon!

Research the car you are buying next time, and you will not have this problem again.
Lowriderman I couldn't agree with you more about him researching before buying... He could have come here and found out.

SOLUTION:
SELL YOUR 2005, and get a 2004!!! Cheaper payments :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I didn't foresee so many people getting pissed off at me about this. That wasn't my intention! Ultimately, it's about customization. You can buy any car you want and there will always be things you like and don't like, and you will find ways to improve upon the stock version and even update your modded car from time to time. I guess I'm alone in my need for speed, and I'm OK with that! :cool:

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
NBTX05Altima said:
I didn't foresee so many people getting pissed off at me about this. That wasn't my intention! Ultimately, it's about customization. You can buy any car you want and there will always be things you like and don't like, and you will find ways to improve upon the stock version and even update your modded car from time to time. I guess I'm alone in my need for speed, and I'm OK with that! :cool:
We are a special breed here on Altimas.net! :) I am sure there is something out there, that will let you bypass the speed limiter.

·
My little champion...
4,968 Posts
NBTX05Altima said:
Honestly you're not alone on the need for speed. I don't recall if you were the original poster, or someone else who posted about how a Lexus IS300 has a higher top speed than their Altima--but that person got alot of flack.

If I were you, I would just mod the hell out of my car. If you manage to get into the 13s, then call it a day, your top speed there will be 102-103mph in a 1/4 mile. By then they should have an ECU that takes off the limiter. Don't bitch about it too much, there's not much you can do, unless you're going to CREATE the ECU yourself. Wait for Technosquare, or be a guinea pig for them if you are that PRESSED to get it changed.

·
My little champion...
4,968 Posts
bigbodyalty said:
wanting to drive 115mph is pointless...drag racing i can understand but wanting to go over 115 i dont.
Actually, here on this board, its probably not pointless. I could easily do a survey of those who have been above 115mph and I bet you'd get QUITE A BIT OF POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!!

I've been over 130-145mph so many times that I can't count anymore. Its that damn easy in the VQ35 to get there, trust me. I do 110 like its 60!!!

·
sHIFT_3.5SeR YAA!!
719 Posts
Fubar said:
This is the dumbest post I have ever seen... There is never a need to travel regularly at speeds over 115....

The dealer will laugh you out of the place....
Never the Need?
Gueess you haven't driven by Austin :D
Used to be stationed at Lackland and geez getting out of gate 1 you had to floor it!! or maybe it was just me..
but yeah the 115 has to suck ...

·
Registered
345 Posts
im with this guy on this..... sure you wont be needing to go that fast but if our cars (02-04 SE's) had the limiter on 115 i would be bitchin too.....i have done over 135 and would do it again on an empty highway.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
altimaVM said:
looks like TheDesertFox1942 has been watching the history channel... seems quote for quote from the special about the autobahn.
You guessed right my friend, I'm a WWII History buff and the History Channel is my favorite, hence the nickname.

Lowriderman3, I was just responding to the gentleman who said that even people in Germany dont drive that fast, was not responding to the fact that 05 Altimas dont go any faster than 115, or that people usually need to drive that fast or are allowed to in this country.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
I understand that you don't want the limiter, but going to the dealer and complaining about it is retarded. I hope they laugh in ur face. If my limiter wasn't at 130-135, I'd be upset. And if it was that important, I'd get the TC ECU upgrade BUT it's not that serious. Funny that my old 2.5 had a higher limiter than u at 118 :p

21 - 40 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.