The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
King of Everything
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would you guys say would be the most efficient and best gas to fuel up a 15 altima?

·
Registered
466 Posts
87 Octane is fine.

I also recommend using Tier 1 gas.

Tier 1 fuels are available at stations like Mobil, Shell , Exxon and so on.

Avoid gas from the convenience store pumps like 7-11 , Citgo and the like.

·
2013 Altima 3.5 SV no nav
811 Posts
what would you guys say would be the most efficient and best gas to fuel up a 15 altima?
I've tried all the grades and can't tell any difference in performance. Expensive grades seem to cause the car to get worse MPG. So I just use the cheapest grade but stick to big chain gas stations.

·
Registered
364 Posts
For what it's worth, my anecdotal experience with this is that you can either:

1. Use top tier gas and get the benefit of their detergents; or
2. Use a bottle of techron every 10k miles or so with pretty much the same result.

If you do both of the above, it's overkill. If you do neither, you may experience issues if you keep your car past 200k miles or so. In other words, most people will never notice the difference.

·
Registered
243 Posts
For what it's worth, my anecdotal experience with this is that you can either:

1. Use top tier gas and get the benefit of their detergents; or
2. Use a bottle of techron every 10k miles or so with pretty much the same result.

If you do both of the above, it's overkill. If you do neither, you may experience issues if you keep your car past 200k miles or so. In other words, most people will never notice the difference.
Does using synethtic oil help

·
King of Everything
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Everyone! i do use Regular gas but i was just curious as to if i were to use better grade gas, would it be beneficial for my car and possibly MPG.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thanks Everyone! i do use Regular gas but i was just curious as to if i were to use better grade gas, would it be beneficial for my car and possibly MPG.
The best affect for mpg is accurate tire pressure and of course moderate driving

2014 Altima SS

·
Registered
488 Posts
Synthetic Oil should help more then gasoline I heard disesal is better oto
I to live in So Ca. & they always seem to add sothing extra here to the gas especially for the winter blend ,not sure why when it's not that cold & that all adds up to a buck more a gallon than the rest of the nation.

2014 Altima SS

·
Registered
243 Posts
I to live in So Ca. & they always seem to add sothing extra here to the gas especially for the winter blend ,not sure why when it's not that cold & that all adds up to a buck more a gallon than the rest of the nation.

2014 Altima SS
Come visit me I'm in Seal Beach, I go to sam's club near Hawaiian garden =). Sometimes I go to food 4 less... but I get my oil change at Carson Nissan, where u go mr calvin

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Synthetic Oil should help more then gasoline I heard disesal is better oto
Please, no one take this advice.
Do not put diesel in your petrol engine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts